Who can use this capability
To create or edit a workflow using the Smartsheet Salesforce Connector, you must adhere to the following permissions guidelines:
- You must be a Licensed User
- You must have Editor permissions or higher on any mapped sheet
- You must be able to log in to Salesforce and have access to the records they’d like to build a workflow to
- If your system admin activates the Restrict Users setting in the Salesforce Connector, you must also hold the Salesforce User role in Smartsheet.
- Smartsheet Salesforce Connector is a premium application available on the plan, and initial connection to the Salesforce environment has already been established
Account level user types
If you have the Smartsheet Salesforce Connector purchased on your plan, use the following URL to log in and create workflows between Smartsheet and Salesforce: https://connectors.smartsheet.com/c/salesforce
As a System Admin, you’re designated to manage users and adjust settings for everyone in the account. Details on this are available in the Admin Center: Manage Security & Controls and Admin Center: Add, edit, or delete users help articles.
As a System Admin, you do not need to have a license.
As a Group Admin, you can create and manage groups based on contacts in their Smartsheet Contact List. Anyone on the account can share and send information to the groups created by the Group Admin.
As a Group Admin, you need to have a license.
Legacy Resource Management is no longer available for new users. If you already use Legacy Resource Management, your data doesn’t change, and you can continue to access your resource views.
Resource Management by Smartsheet is available to all new customers.
Resource Viewers in Legacy Resource Management can track everyone in the account's allocation percentage across all sheets. As a Resource Viewer, you must have a user license under a Business or Enterprise account.
While a license is required to become a Resource Viewer, everyone on the account (both licensed and unlicensed users) can be tracked as a resource by the Resource Viewer.
The number of licensed users available to your account varies by account type. Look at our Pricing page for more information about plan type user minimums and maximums.
- Any System Admin can assign licenses in User Management.
- If participating in a 30-day trial, you’re also considered a licensed user.
Capabilities that involve creating, owning, administering, or driving a process, program, or project in Smartsheet require a paid license. You need a license to do the following:
- Create and own sheets and templates (the number of sheets you can create will depend on your plan type.)
- Create, own, and manage reports
- Create workspaces
- Publish sheets, reports, and dashboards
- Insert and delete columns*
- Change column properties*
- Hide/unhide columns*
- Create and modify forms*
- Lock columns and rows*
- Create and edit update requests, automated actions, and workflows
- Create sheet-level reminders and row reminders for other users
- Request backups of sheets
- Obtain Resource Viewer or Group Admin access on an Enterprise or Business account
- View Activity Log
- Create, delete, and edit shared filters
- Create conditional formatting rules
- Send rows
- Edit project settings
* These activities require Owner- or Admin-level sharing permissions to the sheet.
Free users (unlicensed users and free collaborators) are important participants in collaborating on the work you manage in Smartsheet. Free users can view, edit, and update sheets and reports within the platform. Creating, owning, administering, or driving a process, program, or project in Smartsheet requires a paid license.
If a free user is shared to a sheet as an Admin, they can’t create and manage forms on the sheet or insert, rename, delete, hide/unhide, move, or change the properties of columns.
These features are only available to the sheet owner and licensed users with Admin sharing permissions.
Unlicensed users are part of a Business or Enterprise account but can’t create or own sheets. An unlicensed user doesn't count against the user limit of the account.
Unlicensed users on a Pro, Business, or Enterprise plan can request a license from the Upgrade button at the top of the screen. While waiting for their license to be approved, they're automatically enrolled in a 30-day trial and can create sheets or own sheets when on the trial.
Resource Viewers can track tasks assigned to unlicensed users, and System Admins can manage their accounts as described above. Unlicensed users can access shared sheets as Viewers (read-only), Editors (edit cell data), or Admins (manage the sheet) and can even re-share them depending on the sharing access level they were assigned.
To add an unlicensed user to a Business or Enterprise account, uncheck the Licensed User box when sending the invitation.
Free collaborators can be shared on any amount of sheets, but they can't create their own. They can access shared sheets as Viewers (read-only), Editors (edit cell data), or Admins (manage the sheet), and can even re-share them depending on the sharing access level they were assigned.
Connector-Specific User Types
If your organization has purchased the Smartsheet Jira Connector or Smartsheet Salesforce Connector, any System Admin can control who can access the respective Connector.
These user types are only available to people who have purchased the Salesforce or Jira Connector. (More information on the Connectors can be found here.)
Smartsheet Jira Connector User Types
Smartsheet System Admins can control what level of access someone has to the Smartsheet Jira Connector, if any. You must be a licensed user of Smartsheet and have a Jira account to use the Smartsheet Jira Connector.
Jira Connector Admin
A Smartsheet System Admin designates Smartsheet Jira Connector Admins to install and configure the Smartsheet Jira Connector.
A Smartsheet Jira Connector Admin can:
- Set up the Jira Connector by connecting the Jira host with Smartsheet, assuming you are also an administrator in the Jira application.
- Designate others in the Smartsheet account as Jira Users.
- Troubleshoot any workflows created by Jira Users by disabling them.
Jira Connector User
Smartsheet Jira Connector Users can create workflows with the Jira Connector that synchronizes information between the two applications.
Smartsheet Salesforce Connector User Types
Smartsheet System Admins can control what level of access someone has to the Smartsheet Salesforce Connector, if any.
You must be a licensed user of Smartsheet and have a Salesforce account to use the Smartsheet Salesforce Connector.
Salesforce Connector Admin
A Smartsheet System Admin designates Smartsheet Salesforce Connector Admins to configure the Connector.
As a Smartsheet Salesforce Connector Admin, you can:
- Set up the Salesforce Connector by connecting your Salesforce host with Smartsheet (you must also be an administrator in Salesforce). Check out Smartsheet Salesforce Connector: Admin Setup for more information.
- Designate others in the Smartsheet account as Salesforce Connector Users.
- Troubleshoot any workflows created by Salesforce Connector Users by disabling them.
Salesforce Connector User
Smartsheet Salesforce Connector Users can create workflows with the Salesforce Connector that synchronize information between the two applications.
See Smartsheet Salesforce Connector: Sync Smartsheet Data with Salesforce for more information on creating workflows with this Connector.