Who can use this capability
Owner, Admin or Editor - Can share, can share sheets and reports.
Overview: Share sheets and reports
Add collaborators to your sheet or report.
Collaborators you share files with may be inside or outside your organization. You can share Smartsheet items with users without a Smartsheet account, however, they may not be able to access all Smartsheet features.
What your collaborators can do in the file depends on the permissions you granted them.
To share a sheet or report
- Open the Share sheet or Share report form. You have two ways to do this:
- In the menu bar, select File > Menu.
- In the upper-right area of the screen, select Share.
- In the Invite people and groups field, type the user’s or group’s email address.
- Select the permission level for each of your collaborators.
- Optional: Select Customize message to personalize the message that your collaborators will receive.
- Select Share.
You can stop sharing an item or change a collaborator's permission level at any time.
Who can control users' sharing access
There are two user types with the ability to remove a user's access to Smartsheet items shared with them:
- In Admin Center, System Admins can prevent a user from sharing items owned by licensed users on the account.
- Group Admins can remove a member from a group to remove them from all items shared to that group.
Things to keep in mind
- When you share a report with somebody, they only see the data from the source sheets they have access to. When collaborators view reports without access to the source sheets, the reports may appear blank or missing information.
- Sharing a report doesn’t grant access to other sheets.
When you share reports, ensure you share their source sheets. If you don’t want to share the source sheets, try publishing the report and sharing the link.
Tips on sharing Smartsheet items
- Follow the sharing steps in this article if you want to share individual items with a few people.
- If you want to share one or more items with a group of people, use a workspace and share it with your coworkers.
- To share a dashboard, check out the Share a Dashboard article.
- If you want to share a report with somebody who doesn't have access to source sheets, try these other options: