Who can use this capability
For an Individual plan you must be the licensed owner of the account.
For a Business or Enterprise plan you must be a System Admin.
Review or change account, plan, or billing info
Your role on your Smartsheet account determines what you will see when you access account management features. You may not be able to change billing information or add new licenses. Check first to see who owns the account, and contact them if you cannot make the changes you want.
- Select Account > Plan & Billing Info > Account Details to find your primary account owner. (It is the name or email under Main Contact.)
Change payment information
Before you change your payment method from credit card to invoicing, download all previous receipts for record-keeping.
If you don't see the options presented below, contact Smartsheet Billing Support. Not all invoiced customers have self-service options.
- On the left Navigation Bar, select Account > Account Admin > Plan & Billing info.
- Select Edit Billing Address & Payment Details.
- In the Edit Your Payment Information dialog, complete the necessary steps.
- Update Your Credit Card Info: Select Edit Card. Enter your new credit card number and billing address, and select Save.
- Update Invoice Billing Info: Enter your updated billing information and select Save.
- Update Your Payment Method: Choose the payment method you would like to use. Update your payment method, and then select Save.
Additional payment changes
You can update your payment information from the Plan & Billing Info screen, but you will need to contact the billing team if you want to:
- Change your payment method (for example, from credit card to invoice)
- Change your payment currency
- Change the PayPay account associated with your Smartsheet account
View and download receipts and history
Your billing history includes payment dates, amounts, and receipt copies.
Important: If you pay via invoice, contact Smartsheet billing support to request copies of past receipts.
For any other payment methods, follow these steps:
- On the left Navigation Bar, select Account > Plan & Billing Info.
- Select View Receipts & History.
- Optional: To choose between downloading a receipt and an invoice, or adding additional details to your receipt, select Add additional details to your receipt.
- To download a PDF of a receipt or invoice, select the receipt or invoice name in the Receipt column.
Change the account name
- To change the account name go to the left Navigation Bar, select Account > Account Details > Edit Account Details
- Change where it says Account Name
Change your tax information
You can now provide Smartsheet with your business address and Tax ID.The primary address is the physical address associated with the account. This is used to calculate the appropriate taxes. Your physical address does not have to be the same as your billing address.
If you are a non-U.S. customer, you should also provide Smartsheet with your Value Add Tax ID or your Goods and Services Tax ID. This ensures you receive the proper tax treatment. The ID number will also appear on any invoices you receive from Smartsheet.
To provide your VAT or GST:
- In the lower-left corner, click your account icon and then and click Account Admin.
- On the Account Details tab, select the Edit Account Details button.
- Enter the account's primary physical address. You must do this before providing any additional tax information.
- Select Yes for Is your business registered for VAT / GST?
- Enter your VAT or GST identification number and then select Save.
ONLY Pro and Business plan users who pay with a credit card or PayPal can add licenses.
- On the left Navigation Bar, select Account > Plan & Billing Info > Add Licenses/Change Plan.
Direct billing customers can add licenses, but your account must meet the following criteria:
- Your subscription has no product add-ons (Advance, Premium Apps, etc.)
- You did not purchase Smartsheet through a reseller
- Your account does not have special pricing (discounts, negotiated prices, tiered prices, block pricing)
- You do not require a purchase order
- Your account is more than 45 days away from the next renewal date
For more information see:
Still have questions? Contact Smartsheet Billing Support.