Follow these steps to set a backup.
There are a few different ways to back up your data in Smartsheet. Review the options in this section.
About Smartsheet backups
Smartsheet operates 100% in the cloud: the sheets you create are stored on Smartsheet servers.
If you want a backup copy of your data, you can:
- Request a one-time or weekly recurring backup.
- Manually export one or more sheets or reports. For information about exporting, see the article on Exporting Sheets & Reports from Smartsheet.
After you request a backup, you can view and/or download the backup directly from Smartsheet.
Backup best practices
- Business and Enterprise customers can schedule recurring weekly backups.
- You can export your data at any time. Set yourself a reminder to do so at the start or end of every workday.
- Check with your IT department to find out what backup processes they already have in place.
- Use File > Save as new to copy your dashboards. That way, you will have a local version with all the widgets and formulas in place, just in case.