Change ownership of a sheet, report, or dashboard
Before making someone an owner, share the sheet, report, or dashboard with them. If the item is in a workspace, the new owner must have Admin access to the workspace.
See Sharing Items for more information.
- At the top right corner of the sheet, report, or dashboard, select Share.
- In the Collaborators section of the sharing form, scroll to the person you want to make the new owner.
- Hover over their permission settings to reveal the dropdown and then select Make Owner.
Smartsheet sends an email to the new owner; they can accept or reject the ownership transfer. When they accept the request, they become an Admin on the item. Any shared collaborators remain shared and retain their permission levels.
Transfer multiple items to a single owner
Sometimes; it's easier to move everything to a new workspace first, then have the new owner move the items where they’d like to store them.
To move the items:
- Create a workspace.
- Share the intended new owner to the workspace and give them Admin permissions. (See Workspaces Overview for more information on workspaces.)
- Drag and drop the items into the new workspace.
To take ownership of the items:
- Browse to the new workspace.
- Drag and drop the items into your sheets folder.