Who can use this capability
Licensed Owners and Admins can create or edit a dashboard.
Share a Dashboard
Share a curated set of data or a collection of resources in a highly visual way with a dashboard.
There are three ways that you can give others online access to your dashboard:
- Drag the dashboard into a workspace from Browse.
- Share it directly with the Share button at the top of the dashboard
- Publish it with the Publish option in the File menu. (You must have Owner or Admin permissions to share or publish a dashboard.)
You can also print your dashboard by choosing Print from the File menu in the upper-left corner of your screen. Details on this process can be found in the Printing from Smartsheet article in the Help Center.
Store a Dashboard in a Workspace
You can share a dashboard with a collection of people by storing it in a workspace. All of the people who have permissions to view or edit content in the workspace will automatically have permissions to view the dashboard.
People who have Admin-level permissions in the workspace will be able to view, edit, and share the dashboard.
Dashboards in a Workspace have additional Permissions options. Only people with Admin-level permissions can edit Dashboards. People shared to a dashboard with Editor-level permissions through a workspace will not be able to make changes.
Publish a Dashboard
To publish a dashboard, click the Publish button (globe icon) in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
For more information about publishing a dashboard, see Publishing Smartsheet Items.
A published dashboard will automatically refresh once every 10 minutes. This behavior cannot be customized or disabled.
Share a Dashboard
To give access to specific individuals and to specify sharing permissions, you can use the Sharing form:
- From an open dashboard, click the Share button at the top of the dashboard.
The Dashboard Sharing form appears.
- Under Invite Collaborators, type or select the email addresses of the people or groups you want to share the dashboard with. (Separate multiple email addresses with a comma or semicolon.)
- In the Permissions box, select Admin or Viewer.
- Under Invite Details, choose whether to send a notification email, to modify the subject line, or to create a personal message to clarify with collaborators about why you're sharing the dashboard with them.
- Click Share dashboard.
To change a collaborator's permission level or to stop sharing the dashboard with a collaborator:
- Open the Collaborators section of the Dashboard Sharing form.
- Hover over the name of the person or group and choose one of the following:
- To change permission level, select a new permission level from the dropdown list.
- To remove the collaborator from the list, click the Remove From Sharing button (the X to the right of Permission Level).