Share a curated set of data or a collection of resources in a highly visual way with a dashboard.
View a Dashboard
To view a dashboard in full-screen mode, click the Full Screen View button in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
To see a list of dashboards that you own or that have been shared to you, and to verify sharing status for a dashboard, click Home and then click Dashboards/Portals.
Configure How Often a Dashboard Automatically Refreshes
By default, a dashboard will refresh automatically once every 10 minutes.
To change the frequency of this or to disable the automatic refresh altogether, click the Settings button in the upper-right corner of the dashboard window.
Keep the following in mind with automatic refresh:
- You can only change how a dashboard automatically refreshes when you’re viewing it. For example, if you disable the automatic refresh setting, it will remain enabled for other collaborators that are viewing the dashboard.
- A published dashboard will automatically refresh once every 10 minutes. This behavior cannot be customized or disabled.
Web Content Widgets will not automatically refresh on dashboards.
Share a Dashboard
There are three ways that you can give others online access to your dashboard:
- Drag the dashboard into a workspace from Home.
- Share it directly with the Share button at the top of the dashboard
- Publish it with the Publish button (globe icon) in the upper-right (You must have Owner or Admin permissions to share or publish a dashboard.)
You can also print a dashboard by selecting Print in the upper-right corner of the dashboard. Details on this process can be found in the Printing from Smartsheet article in the Help Center.
You can share a dashboard with a collection of people by storing it in a workspace. All of the people who have permissions to view or edit content in the workspace will automatically have permissions to view the dashboard.
People who have Admin-level permissions in the workspace will be able to view, edit, and share the dashboard.
Note: Dashboards in a Workspace have additional Permissions options
- Editor - can share
- Editor - cannot share
To publish a dashboard, click the Publish button (globe icon) in the upper-right corner of the dashboard.
NOTE: A published dashboard will automatically refresh once every 10 minutes. This behavior cannot be customized or disabled.
For more information about publishing a dashboard, see Publishing Smartsheet Items.
To give access to specific individuals and to specify sharing permissions, you can use the Sharing form. Here's how to do that:
- From an open dashboard, click the Share button at the top of the dashboard.
The Dashboard Sharing form appears.
- Under Invite Collaborators, type or select the email addresses of the people or groups you want to share the dashboard with. (Separate multiple email addresses with a comma or semicolon.)
- In the Permissions box, select Admin or Viewer (learn more about these permission types in the permission level section of this article).
- Under Invite Details, choose whether to send a notification email, to modify the subject line, or to create a personal message to clarify with collaborators about why you're sharing the dashboard with them.
- Click Share dashboard.
To change a collaborator's permission level or to stop sharing the dashboard with a collaborator:
- Open the Collaborators section of the Dashboard Sharing form.
- Hover over the name of the person or group and choose one of the following:
- To change permission level, select a new permission level from the dropdown list.
- To remove the collaborator from the list, click the Remove From Sharing button (the X to the right of Permission Level).
The following table shows what each permission level allows a collaborator on a dashboard to do.
|View the dashboard contents||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Edit the dashboard*||No||Yes||Yes|
|Share the dashboard||No||Yes||Yes|
|Publish the dashboard||No||Yes||Yes|
|View Activity Log*||No||Yes||Yes|
|Rename, delete, or undelete the dashboard||No||Yes|
*You must also have a Smartsheet license to use this feature.