You can use Personal Settings to view and manage the following:
- Your Personal Profile details
- Settings for Auto-save, Communication, Time Zone, and Language (this controls date and number formatting)
- Notification preferences—including whether you'd like to receive notifications on changes you've made to sheets)
- Settings for connected mobile devices, apps, and API information
View and Edit Your Personal Settings
Click Account (your profile icon) in the upper-right corner of the Smartsheet window and then select Personal Settings.
Additional Information About the Options
Customize your personal profile and manage how and what others see, manage the email address that you use with Smartsheet, and change your password from here.
For more information, see Manage Personal Profiles in Smartsheet.
Click Change Password to change your password. The Change Password form will ask you to enter your current password, your new password, confirmation of your new password, and then click Save.
The next time you login to Smartsheet, make sure to use the new password.
TIP: You can also reset your password from the Smartsheet login page.
Manage Email Addresses
Your account can have one primary email address, which is the email address used to log in, to track in Resource Management, and for email notifications. You can have multiple alternate email addresses, which can be used for sharing sheets, sending update requests, and adding to groups.
For detailed steps about managing email addresses, see Change the Email Address Used with Your Smartsheet Account.
- Auto-save after 3 minute of inactivity: Select this option to have Smartsheet automatically save any edits on an item that you have open as long as you haven't clicked or typed anywhere within the Smartsheet window for 3 minutes.
- Auto-save my changes when I leave a sheet or report: Select this option to have Smartsheet automatically save any edits when you leave a sheet, report, or dashboard.
NOTE: You can't undo saved actions.
- Show Smartsheet Bulletins: Select this to receive information in a banner at the top of Smartsheet. Get information about new features, upcoming training in your area, or other product-related news. (Note that you cannot opt out of displaying important messages such as scheduled downtime for maintenance.)
- Send me Product Update News: Select this to receive email notification when new features are released to Smartsheet and to receive periodic tips and information during a 30-day trial.
- Send me my Smartsheet Daily Mail: Select this to receive a daily summary of your recent activity in Smartsheet.
The selected time zone ensures that timestamps, scheduled emails, and other time-based actions reflect your time zone.
Smartsheet is currently available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish (additional languages will be supported in the future). Your Language (Country) setting also dictates your default date format (e.g., mm/dd/yy or dd/mm/yy) and default thousands separator (comma or decimal).
Configure how you receive information about notifications.
My Mobile Devices
To view and manage connected mobile devices, access your Smartsheet account via a desktop or laptop computer and click Account (your profile icon) > Personal Settings > Mobile Devices.
To revoke access from a device, locate the device name in the My Mobile Devices form, and click revoke.
Explore our App Gallery to learn how you can connect Smartsheet with your favorite apps. Existing connections will be listed here.
Click to generate an API access token, as well as review and revoke existing access tokens.