Who can use this capability
Anyone with access to the sheet can receive notifications. Sheet Owners or Admins control who can receive alerts and requests on the sheet. You must be a licensed Smartsheet user with Owner, Admin, or Editor-level permission on the sheet to create workflows. Users with Editor-level permissions can only create, edit, or delete alerts or reminders with themselves as the recipient.
Only a System Admin can control account-level automations. Learn about workflow permissions.
Configure how you receive notifications from Smartsheet
With Smartsheet, you can receive updates and reminders in the Notifications Center, via email, mobile push, or messaging app.
You can configure your personal settings to receive notifications in the Notifications Center or from these channels:
- Email: Receive notifications in the email address associated with your Smartsheet account.
- Mobile push: Receive push notifications in your mobile device through the Smartsheet app.
- Messaging app: Receive notifications via the integrated messaging apps (Slack and Google Chat).
Read on to learn how to turn your notifications on and off.
Change your notification settings from the desktop app
- On the Navigation Bar, select Account.
- Choose Personal Settings.
- In the Personal Settings dialog, select Notifications.
- Set up where you want to receive notifications from a particular alert or action.
- Select Save.
Make sure to select Include my changes in sheet notifications; otherwise, you won’t receive notifications when you test automations.
Change your notification settings from the mobile app
Smartsheet for iOS
Notifications are off by default in the Smartsheet for iOS app. The first time you tap the Notification icon, you need to enable push notifications.
Follow these steps:
- Click Enable > Allow to authorize the app to send push notifications to you.
- Allow Smartsheet to send you notifications.
If you selected Don’t Allow, you can enable notifications at a later time with these steps:
- On the Home page, click Settings > Push Notifications.
- On the Push Notifications page, set up how you want to receive notifications.
- Click Save.
If you’ve tapped Don’t Allow or turned off notifications from the Settings app, you need to allow them before you can specify other notification options.
Follow these steps to turn on notifications from the Settings app:
- On the Home page, tap Settings > Push Notifications.
- Click Go to Settings App.
- Enable notifications from the Settings App.
You can now specify your notification options on the Push Notifications page of the Smartsheet for iOS app.
Adjust these settings at any time if you want your notification method to change.
Smartsheet for Android
Push notifications are on by default in Smartsheet for Android.
Follow these steps to change your notification settings:
- From the Home page, click Settings .
- Click Push Notifications.
- On the Push Notifications page, choose which kind of notification you want to receive.
- Sheet changes and reminders: Receive alerts on your mobile device for changes or reminders from the sheets you have access to.
- Sharing invitations: Receive alerts on your mobile device if someone shares a Smartsheet file with you.
- Update and approval requests: Receive alerts if someone sends an update or approval request from a sheet you have access to.
- Tap Save.
Come back and adjust these settings at any time if you want your notification method to change.