Before purchasing a subscription to Smartsheet, you can start a free 30 day trial to see if the application is a good fit for you.
How to Use Your Trial
During your free trial, you’ll be able to create sheets and benefit from the collaborative work management tools that Smartsheet has to offer for 30 days.
To get the most out of your trial, check out these resources:
- Use the Getting Started checklist to get oriented.
- Create sheets (you can own up to 50 at a time during your trial) to track projects and manage tasks. Check out the Creating and Renaming Sheets article for more information.
- Securely share sheets to an unlimited number of collaborators. (They’ll need a valid email address.) Details on this are available in the article on Sharing Sheets.
- Browse the Solution Center to quickly solve workflow challenges without having to build everything from scratch.
- Add colleagues to your trial to test out Business plan features.
Can I try Smartsheet for free?
Yes, all you need is a valid email address. Get started with your free trial of Smartsheet on our Try It page.
How long does the trial last?
What do I get with the trial?
The trial gives you access to all of the features of a paid Smartsheet Individual account, as well as additional features available to the Business account. This includes:
- Creating sheets to manage work, details on this are in the Creating Sheets article.
- Sharing sheets to an unlimited number of people, see the Sharing Sheets article for more information.
- Visualizing your data with dashboards, check out the Creating and Editing a Smartsheet Dashboard article for details.
A trial is the equivalent of an individual plan or business plan—if you've added people into your account under Account (your profile icon) > User Management.
There are some limitations with the trial account that will be removed if you decide to upgrade to a paid plan. You can upgrade to a paid plan here.
These limitations include, but are not limited to:
- The number of emails you can send out of Smartsheet at a given time
- The ability to publish Smartsheet forms for people to submit
What steps do I need to take to sign up for the trial?
Get started with your free trial of Smartsheet on our Try It page. A valid email address is required.
Can multiple people in my organization try out Smartsheet together?
Yes. You can invite other people to your trial account with the following steps:
- If you haven’t already, start your Smartsheet trial from our Try It page.
- Sign in to your account at app.smartsheet.com.
- In the upper-right corner, select Account (profile icon) > User Management.
- Click the Add User button. (You’ll be asked to enter a name for your Smartsheet account.)
- Type the email address of the person you want to invite, and select the user types you’d like them to have on the account. Check out our User Types article for details on the features available to each user type.
Do I need to provide my credit card or other billing information to start my trial?
No. We don’t collect any billing information during the trial period.
Is Internet access required for me to use Smartsheet?
Yes. Smartsheet is an entirely internet-based application. Check out the System Requirements article for details on browsers and mobile devices that support Smartsheet.
You can upgrade your account to a paid plan to keep using Smartsheet. If you allow your trial to expire and don’t upgrade, any sheets you created during the trial will become read only for 30 days, after which they are deleted.
After the trial, you can choose to upgrade your plan. Check out our Pricing page for details on plan features and pricing options.
Can I sign up for another trial afterward?
No. You can’t start a new 30 day trial, but our Sales team will be happy to work with you to extend your trial if needed. Contact our sales team for more information.
How do I cancel my trial before it expires?
Sign in to your account at app.smartsheet.com and navigate to Account (profile icon) > Account Admin > Plan & Billing Info > Cancel Account > Switch to Free.
Canceling your account will end your trial and switch your sheets to read only for 30 days, after which they will be deleted.
What happens to my sheets after my trial ends?
You have two options to keep your sheets after your trial ends or your account is canceled. Check out the following Help Center articles for more information: