FAQ: Smartsheet free trial
Before purchasing a subscription to Smartsheet, you can start a free 30-day trial to see if the application is a good fit for you. The trial gives you access to a Business plan. If you choose not to upgrade to a paid plan, your subscription won't incur any charges unless you decide to link a payment method to your account and purchase one of the available plans
Account upgrade message
During your trial subscription, you receive a message prompting you to upgrade your account, along with the number of days remaining in your trial period. If you'd like to continue creating sheets, you need to purchase a subscription or be added to a Business, Enterprise, or Advance plan as a licensed user.
If your organization already has a Smartsheet plan, you could be receiving this message for either of the following reasons:
- You haven’t yet been added to the account.
- You didn’t receive the email inviting you to the account.
- You’re shared to a sheet owned by someone whose trial has expired.
A Smartsheet System Admin must add you to the account as a Licensed User and extend an invitation for you to accept becoming part of the account.
How do I cancel my trial before it expires?
To cancel your trial, go to the Plan & Billing Info tab of the Account Admin dialog and then select Cancel Account. Check out the options for canceling a Smartsheet account article to learn more.
If you cancel your account, your trial automatically ends and your sheets switch to read-only for 30 days. After the 30-day period, they're deleted.
Do I need to provide my credit card or other billing information to start my trial?
No. Smartsheet doesn’t collect any billing information during the trial period.
What do I get with the trial?
The trial gives you access to the following features:
- Create up to 50 sheets to manage work
- Share sheets
- Visualize your data with dashboards
- Create reports from your sheet
The trial account has restrictions that disappear after you upgrade to a paid plan. These restrictions include:
- From Smartsheet you can send up to 100 emails to a maximum of 20 unique recipients per day.
- You can't publish Smartsheet forms, sheets, reports, or dashboards.
- Web content widgets aren't available for dashboards.
- You can't generate API access tokens.
- You can't include external URLs in emails sent out of Smartsheet.
Upgrade to a paid plan (Business or Enterprise) to access these and more features.
Can multiple people in my organization try out Smartsheet together?
Yes. You can invite other people to your trial account by following these steps:
- Sign in to your account at app.smartsheet.com.
- On the left Navigation Bar, select Account > User Management.
- Select Add User.
- Enter a name for your Smartsheet account.
- Type the email address of the person you want to invite.
- Select the user types you’d like them to have on your trial account.
My trial is about to end, what are my options for next steps?
You can upgrade your account to a paid plan to keep using Smartsheet. If you don't upgrade and your trial expires, any sheets you created during the trial become read-only for 30 days. After 30 days, they're deleted.
After the trial, you can choose to upgrade your plan. Check out our Pricing page for details on plan features and pricing options.
What happens to my sheets after my trial ends?
Can I sign up for another trial afterward?
No. You can’t start a new 30-day trial, but our Sales team can work with you to extend your trial if needed. Contact our Sales team for more information.
Do I need internet access to use Smartsheet?
Yes. Smartsheet is an entirely internet-based application. Check out the help article for System requirements to know what browsers and mobile devices support Smartsheet.