If you are a System Admin on a multi-user plan, you can use the Account Administration window to control certain features for all Smartsheet users in your organization:
- Select Account (in the upper-right corner of the Smartsheet window) > Account Admin > Account Settings.
- To change settings, click the Edit link next to the feature or option that you want to modify.
The following sections of this article include specific details about the features and options that you can control.
NOTE: The options displayed in Account Settings will vary depending on the type of account you have. These features are not available with single-user plan types. (Not sure which plan type you have? See Identify Your Smartsheet Plan and User Type.)
Choose whether non-licensed Smartsheet users at your organization—free collaborators or people using a trial—have visibility into which Smartsheet accounts from your organization are available to them. With this option enabled, people at your organization can contact you to request a license directly. For more information, see Join an Existing Smartsheet Plan at Your Organization.
Alerts Permission Settings
Control who can receive notifications based on their relationship with your organization and whether they have access to the sheet that the notifications originate from. Options are organized from Most Restrictive (only users shared to the sheet) to Least Restrictive (any email address and third-party integration, such as Slack).
NOTE: If you restrict alerts permissions at the account level, existing sheets that are less restrictive will automatically adopt the restricted permissions. However, if alerts permissions are made less restrictive at the account level, you’ll want to adjust existing sheets Alerts & Actions Permission settings manually. See Control Who Can Receive Notifications from Your Sheet for more information.
Color Settings and Logo Branding
You can apply Strict Account Branding for everyone in your plan. After setting custom colors and logo branding for your organization, you can control whether or not others in the account can override them with their own colors settings.
- You must be a licensed Smartsheet user to change color settings and logos.
- Changes to Account Color Settings and Logo will be applied to any sheet, report, and dashboard that isn't in a workspace. Previously created workspaces and items within them won't be changed. New workspaces created going forward will inherit the new color settings and logo. See Create and Brand Your Workspace for more information on changing workspace color settings and logo.
See Where Your Logo Appears, Supported File Types, and How It's Resized for details on logo visibility and restrictions.
Uncheck this option to remove the Resource Management options from the Project Settings of all sheets owned by licensed users on your account. (Note that it will also remove the Resource Views option from Home.) For more information about this feature, see Resource Management & Allocation.
Personal profile cards appear when you hover over a person’s name or email address in the following locations: Contact List columns, the Sharing form, in comments, in Card View, and in your Smartsheet Contacts. Click Edit to control the level of profile detail (show photo, show detail) that’s shown to people inside and outside of your organization. See Manage Personal Profiles in Smartsheet for more information.
When you uncheck an option and disable the publishing feature, the Publish button will no longer appear in the right panel for sheets or reports.
- Enable Sheet Publishing: When you uncheck this option, any sheets already published will become unpublished immediately. You can also control whether sheets can be viewed by anyone or only by users in your own account. For more information about the feature, see Sheet Publishing.
- Enable Report Publishing: When you uncheck this option, any reports already published will become unpublished immediately. You can also control whether reports can be viewed by anyone or only by users in your own account. For more information, see Report Publishing.
- Enable iCal (Calendar) Publishing: When you uncheck this option, you'll remove the ability to publish a sheet's calendar view to iCal format. Calendars already published will become unpublished immediately. For more information about this feature, see Publishing a Smartsheet Calendar to iCal format.
Click Edit next to this heading to configure the length of working days, as well as designate non-working and holidays, for purposes of scheduling your projects. Your selection will be applied to all new sheets created by licensed users on the account. Existing project sheets won't be affected by your changes. Learn more about how these settings impact project scheduling in our article on Designating Working, Non-working & Holidays on a Project Sheet.
Features That Can Be Changed Globally for Enterprise Plans Only
Custom Help Screen
Add a link to the menu that appears when your users click Help in the upper-right corner of Smartsheet. You might use the help screen to instruct users about which sheets are relevant to which members of your plan, how to participate in a workflow, or who to contact for assistance. For more information, see Custom Help Screen.
Custom Upgrade Screen
Display a customized page to unlicensed users on your Smartsheet account who need to request a license. Use the upgrade screen to display an internal page providing more information on how the user should proceed with their request or a form (more on Smartsheet forms here) that collects more information about the user's Smartsheet needs to help you determine whether or not to provision them a license. For more information, see Custom Upgrade Screen.
Custom Welcome Screen
For more information, see Custom Welcome Screen.
File Attachment Options
Click Edit to control whether plan members can upload files from their own computers or from third-party cloud storage services including Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, Dropbox, Evernote, or Egnyte. For more information about uploading attachments, see Uploading Attachments.
Images in Grid
Uncheck this option to remove the ability to add images to cells in sheets owned by licensed users on your Enterprise account. Existing images that were previously added to cells won't be removed. For more information about this feature, see Adding Images to Grid View.