Download individual assets
Downloading from the Brandfolder view
When viewing a Brandfolder you can download individual assets by hovering over the asset and clicking the ellipses. From the dropdown menu select Download. If a file has multiple attachments - noted by the attachment count in the bottom right-hand corner of the tile - downloading from the Brandfolder view will download a ZIP file with all the merged attachments.
Downloading from the asset modal
When you are viewing an asset you can choose to download all the attachments within the asset or an individual attachment. To download all attachments select the Download [#] in the bottom right-hand corner. To download an individual attachment select the download icon from the attachment list.
Formatting and resizing
To change the format or size of an image click on Options to the left of the attachment download icon. This will open a menu to select your desired file type and size options. Note that Brandfolder will always respect the original aspect ratio. When entering a width or height, the other will update automatically.
If the Brandfolder you are visiting has cropping enabled, clicking the Export Options button in the previous screenshot will bring you to the cropping interface.
Brandfolder Administrators can choose to enable preset crop types or prevent users from unlocking the aspect ratio when utilizing freeform cropping. Depending on the Brandfolder settings, as a Guest user you will be able to crop or zoom the image as you would like. Guest users can also select an output file type of their choosing.
Admins can enable the download alert setting so that each time a user downloads an asset they will see a personalized message. The personalized message allows you to add agreements, usage guidelines, or directions each time an asset is downloaded. This setting can be set at the Brandfolder and Collection level. By default, if a Brandfolder has a download alert, its collections will have the same download alert enabled.
If an Organization has the download alert enabled on a Brandfolder or Collection then users will not be able to use the Organization level search.
Convert and resize
How do I convert between file types?
1. Select the asset within your Brandfolder to convert and download.
2. Under Overview, select the attachment you wish to convert. Select Options on the right, and it will provide a selectable list of other file types to choose from.
3. This new menu with the list will allow you to select between different formats (JPG or the original AI file) and different sizes (Small, Medium, Large).
4. Select an option from the menu, and the asset will be converted, resized, and downloaded to your device.
How do I convert to a specific image size?
You may also create a custom-sized image if the small, medium, or large options don't suffice. To resize, follow the steps below:
- After selecting the file format you'd like to convert, enter a number in either the width or height text box. Note: Brandfolder will always respect the original aspect ratio. When entering a width or height number, the other will update automatically.
- Select Download.
Download assets in bulk
Utilize the bulk action toolbar for downloads
Select assets individually by selecting the checkbox in the bottom left-hand corner of the asset tile, or select entire sections by checking the box next to the section name.
You'll see a drop-up appear when you click on the Download option in the bulk action toolbar. Once you have all your desired assets selected select Download as ZIP from the blue bulk action toolbar. This will download a ZIP file with all of your selected assets.
Selecting Download as CSV will prepare a download of a metasheet containing critical asset information such as; the asset name, description, tags, etc.
Selecting Advanced options will bring up the Bulk Download & Sharing modal which can be seen below. From this modal, you can choose specific assets or attachments to be included in your download.
This option allows you to download select attachments for scenarios such as:
- Only the PNG file types
- Only images with 2200px widths
- Only images smaller in file size
- Only specific versions
Bulk resize and convert assets
This feature is great for getting product imagery ready for distribution. Download all or some in a .zip, or generate a share link to share in bulk.
How do I bulk resize and convert assets?
1. Select multiple assets to display the bulk toolbar, and select Download > Advanced options
2. On the Bulk Download & Sharing window select the following
- Max Height
- Max Width
- Pad or Fill
- Padding allows for a white or transparent area around the image. Example: 1000x700 image > resize to 400x400 > output is 400x400 with padding added.
- Filling allows for the image to fit the same aspect ratio but in a different size. Example:
1000x700 image > resize to 400x400 > output is 400x280.
- File Type. Be sure to select either PNG or JPG, original will not create changes.
3. Select Download to generate a .zip file on your machine.
4. Choose Share to generate a link that internal or external users can access to download the .zip file.