A view owner can transfer ownership to any licensed user who’s an Admin on the source sheet of the view. Transfer the view first, then transfer any underlying sheets so the new view owner has full access to all assets used in the view.
A Sys Admin can transfer ownership of a view if the owner is no longer part of your organization. See the section in this article on transferring ownership for a removed user.
- In the upper-right area of the view, select the Settings icon.
- Go to the Sharing tab.
- In the Owner section, select Transfer Ownership.
- In the Select New Owner list, select the person you want to transfer ownership to.
If this dropdown list is blank, there aren’t any people shared to the view that meet the requirements to become an owner.
When you're done, the user you selected will get a request in Dynamic View to take ownership of the view you own. Note that the user will only receive in-app notifications. They won’t receive email notifications. You may want to contact your new owner through email (or some other messaging service) to ensure they know to log in to Dynamic View and accept the transfer request.
Review pending transfer requests
If you send transfer ownership requests, you can review, cancel, accept, or decline them on the Pending Ownership Transfer Requests page.
To open the Pending Ownership Transfer Requests page, select the Ownership Transfer Requests icon in the upper-right corner, next to your account icon.
- Select the Received tab to review, accept, or decline transfer requests.
- Select the Sent tab to review or cancel transfer requests you’ve sent to others.
Transfer ownership of a view with a private filter
When you attempt to transfer ownership of a view based on a private filter, you may see a dialog with this message: “This view has a pending ownership transfer. You have chosen to restrict this view with a private filter, which is invalid for others. If you save these view settings and the ownership transfer is accepted, the new owner will need to update the view configuration.”
Views based on a filtered sheet may not correctly display if the filter is deleted or private.
To reset the view
- Go to Settings > General.
- Update the Restrict view by sheet filter option to a valid filter from the list.
Or select No filter - all rows visible to everyone shared.
- Select Save.
That’s it! You’ve now updated your view filter.
Transfer ownership for a removed or unlicensed user
A System Administrator can access views that no longer have a licensed owner and individually transfer them to a new owner using the Ownership Transfer Requests page.
The new owner must have at least Admin permissions on the underlying sheet.
- Go to Ownership Transfer Requests in the upper-right corner, next to your account icon.
- Select the All Views tab.
- Find the view you are looking for and select Transfer Ownership.
- Designate a new owner for the view and select Apply.
The new owner will receive an in-app notification and can accept the transfer by accessing the Ownership Transfer Request page.