After you’ve added pages and roles to your WorkApp, you can preview to see what it will look like when it’s live.
Preview the app
To preview the app, click Preview at the top of the screen.
The WorkApp appears in Preview mode and behaves exactly as if published.
Changes made in preview mode become final when you publish the app.
In Preview mode, you can:
- Preview by role: Select a role from the top left of your screen.
- Learn which users hold which role: Click the people icon on the top left of your screen.
- Publish the app: Click publish at the top right of your screen.
Click Publish to finalize any changes or Exit Preview to return to the app builder.
Left panel navigation is not available in Preview mode.
Preview a WorkApp on mobile
- At the top of the screen, click the mobile icon.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device.
Not every mobile device has a QR code reader built in. Some devices use your camera, others require you download a third party QR code reader. Check your device documentation to learn more.
- The WorkApp opens in the Android or iOS Smartsheet app on your device. If you do not have the Smartsheet mobile app installed, you will be prompted to download it.
To preview by role, select a role from the top of your screen:
Tap Exit Preview (or Exit at the top of your screen) to go back to your last location in the mobile app or to WorkApps Home.
Unpublished WorkApps do not appear on Mobile.