Who can use this capability
Licensed Owner and Admins can create and edit a form.
Anyone with access to the form can submit the form.
If you have a Trial version of Smartsheet, you can create forms, but those forms cannot be shared.
Not sure of your plan type or whether you have a license? See Identify Your Smartsheet Plan and User Type.
Add items to a form
Add fields or items to your form
Add fields to forms
- If the field exists on your sheet, select the field in the left panel. Or drag and drop it into the exact location you want.
- If the field does not exist on your sheet, hover over an element in the center panel and click on the plus sign. Enter a name for your field, choose the field type, and click Add. The new field appears below the selected element on the form and a new column will appear in your sheet.
- To add a new field to the list of available fields in the left panel, select +New Field, enter the field name and field type, and select Add. The new field appears as an option in the Fields pane and as a new column on the underlying sheet.
Add form elements
- To add other form elements such as a header, description, divider, or attachment, select on the element in the left panel. Or drag and drop it into the exact location you want.
- Select an element in the center preview to view and modify its settings in the right panel.
To do this
Add a heading and section labels in your form. The header style is larger than question titles and description text. These fields can provide instructions for the people using your forms and help you get the information you are looking for.
Add a line to distinguish sections in your form.
Allow users to upload attachments to the form (up to 30 MB per file, 10 files per form submission). You can only add one attachment field. Attachments appear as row attachments on your sheet.