The Smartsheet integration with Microsoft Teams harnesses the creativity and spontaneity of conversations and pairs them with your work to transform conversations into action. The integration allows you and your team to work easily and effectively across both platforms from wherever you're collaborating. You can use the Microsoft Teams integration by Smartsheet to:
- Send Smartsheet notifications to a Teams Channel
- Receive Smartsheet alerts, reminders and direct messages in Teams
- Add Smartsheet "Tabs" within a Teams Channel so you don't have to switch back and forth between apps
To learn more, check out the information below.
Overview: integrate Smartsheet with Microsoft Teams
Smartsheet for Microsoft Teams integration has the following capabilities:
- Send notifications from Smartsheet to a public Teams channel or as direct messages.
- Add Smartsheet items as tabs within channels in Teams.
Smartsheet for Teams is compatible with both the browser and desktop versions of the Microsoft Teams application.
Set up Smartsheet for Microsoft Teams
To install the Smartsheet for Teams integration, you need a Microsoft account. An Office 365 Admin must approve the integration; once that’s done, anyone can install it. Consult with your IT if you have access issues.
Try the following options if the installation link isn't working:
- As a Microsoft Teams admin, go to the Teams Admin Center > Left-Navigation Panel > Teams apps > Manage Apps.
Search for Smartsheet and set the status to Allowed. You may also need to go to Teams apps > Permission Policies to edit the Global (Org-wide default) permissions to Allow all apps for Third-party apps.
- As an Azure Administrator, navigate to the Azure Portal > Azure Active Directory > Enterprise applications > Security > Consent and permissions to Allow user consent for apps.
For information about the app’s Certification, Data Handling, and Security, see the Smartsheet Attestation within the Microsoft 365 App Compliance Program.