The Smartsheet for Jira Connector provides visibility into IT and software development projects being tracked in Jira. Issues are automatically synchronized whether edited in Smartsheet or Jira, ensuring every record is up to date.
Smartsheet Jira Connector: Overview
Use Smartsheet for Jira to track and manage Jira issues in Smartsheet. Once there's a connection between Smartsheet and Jira (Cloud or self-hosted Server), anyone with the correct permissions can track workflows, monitor progress, and update tickets.
Don’t have Smartsheet for Jira? You’ll find information about how to get it on the Smartsheet for Jira page on our website
Get started with Smartsheet for Jira
- Confirm you meet all the system requirements. You will need a Jira account with a compatible Jira version and a compatible browser. For information on browser compatibility, see System Requirements and Guidelines for Using Smartsheet.
- Get the connector.
- Log in to https://connectors.smartsheet.com/c/jira and configure the connector. You must be a sysadmin on both Smartsheet and Jira to configure the connector.
Use an generic account, for example, email@example.com so you retain access should your admin leave your organization.
For detailed instructions, see:
- Jira Cloud and self-hosted Server Setup
- Configuring and Troubleshooting the Firewall (self-hosted server only)
- Creating synchronization workflows These workflows will ensure your data is in sync between Jira and Smartsheet. Learn more about creating and editing workflows. You must be a licensed Smartsheet user to create or edit a workflow. You'll also need a Jira account with access to the project you're connecting to.