The Smartsheet extension for Adobe Creative Cloud helps teams to seamlessly deliver creative assets at scale. When using the extension, everyone stays in sync while working their own way: designers maximize their time in the Adobe apps where they’re most productive, project managers and team leads manage progress in Smartsheet, and each stakeholder easily provides clear, detailed feedback at the right moments.
Smartsheet Extension for Adobe Creative Cloud
The Smartsheet extension for Adobe Creative Cloud is an installed integration that allows you to find assignments and manage proofs directly from your Adobe Creative Cloud applications. Without leaving your Adobe tool, you can:
- Navigate to specific rows in Smartsheet to review details and download attachments.
- Upload the file you’re working on directly to the proof on a specific row.
- Request feedback on proofs from any stakeholder.
- Open the external proofing page to view feedback on a specific proof.
To upload or manage proofs with the extension, you must have access to proofing in Smartsheet and a license for Adobe Creative Cloud. For more information about proofing, see Use Proofing to Collaborate on Content.
Before You Begin
Smartsheet extension for Adobe Creative Cloud is compatible with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign for Mac and Windows devices.
Supported versions include:
- Photoshop 2019 (v20), 2020 (v21), 2021 (v22)
- Illustrator 2019 (v23), 2020 (v24), 2021 (v25)
- InDesign 2019 (v14), 2020 (v15), 2021 (v16)
Set up the integration
To set up the integration, you’ll first need to install the extension. Then, you’ll need to enable it from your Adobe app.
Install, enable, and log into the extension
If your organization manages Adobe installations through your IT team, then you will want to reach out to your IT team to add the extension to the Adobe tools distribution package. To add the Adobe extension through the creative cloud enterprise console, follow the steps provided by Adobe in Including extensions in your package
If you installed Adobe yourself instead of receiving it from your IT team, then you can install the extension from Adobe Exchange as long as you have administrative rights on the computer you’re using. If you aren’t an admin of your computer, then you’ll want to work with your IT team to install the extension.
Once you’ve successfully installed the extension from Adobe Exchange, you’ll need to enable it and log in before you can use it. To enable and log in to the extension:
- Open the toolbar in your Adobe application of choice. (Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or InDesign)
- In the toolbar, select Window > Extensions > Smartsheet.
- The Smartsheet extension will appear and open in the right toolbar or in a pop-up.
- Log in to your Smartsheet account through the extension window using the login method of your choice.
Now that you’ve logged in to Smartsheet through the extension, you’ll be able to select the sheets you wish to work on with the extension!
Upload and manage proofs with the extension
With the extension, you can upload a new file, view column data, download attachments, and send collaborators proofing requests. To do so, use the sheet selector to open the desired sheet, and select the row you wish to interact with. Once you’ve selected the row, you can:
- Open the sheet in a new window by selecting the sheet link
- Select “View Comments” to open the external review page for your proof
- Select the + icon to add your proof to the row
- Send an email to invite others to review your proof
Behavior of the Smartsheet extension for Adobe Creative Cloud
Keep the following behavior in mind as you use the Smartsheet extension for Adobe Creative Cloud:
- This extension is available for Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Comments and annotations for your proof will not appear directly in the Smartsheet panel of your Adobe application. To navigate directly to the review page for that proof, select the View Comments button in the Smartsheet panel.
- You may experience slowness in the sheet selector if you have access to a large number of sheets or have complex folder structures in Smartsheet.
- You cannot remove an image from a proof or delete a proof from the Smartsheet panel in your Adobe application. However, you can delete versions of a proof.
- Pages and artboards must be uploaded to a proof individually.