Once approved, Smartsheet Control Center easily provisions and configures an entire new project from a central console.
Smartsheet Control Center: Create a Project
Once Control Center has been configured, you can quickly launch robust, organized projects. Start by creating a new project in the Control Center application—which automatically creates all of the Smartsheet items you need.
To create new projects based on your Control Center Blueprints:
- Login to Control Center using the App Launcher in Smartsheet or visit https://smartsheet.controlcenter.smartsheetapps.com.
- Click Create Project in the upper-left corner of your screen.
The Project Builder guides you through creating your new project. Follow the instructions on each screen and click Next (in the lower portion of the window) to advance to the next step. After you’ve configured your settings for the project, you’ll go to Sharing.
- Configure your sharing options and click Create Project.
You’ll get a confirmation message when your project is ready.
- Click Launch in the lower-right corner of the screen to open the default sheet or dashboard for the new project.
Key Elements and Capabilities
Certain templates will be required for your project, but you can include or exclude optional templates, depending on your needs.
Profile fields vary by the Blueprint you’ve selected for your project. You may need to configure:
- Selecting the project you want to create
- Selecting a particular workspace for the project
- Entering specific Profile Data (more on Profile Data here).
Enter the names or email addresses of those you want to share the project with.
Certain people may already be shared to your project.
- If your team already has access to the workspace, you don’t need to share the project again.
- Program Leads are shared by default
- Project Creator is shared by default
- Additional users and groups may appear by default if configured in the Blueprint (More on Blueprints here)
You can limit access to specific templates. For example, you may want a "budget" template to be seen only by the financial planner on your team. To share a template with specific team members, fill in User or Group and Permissions, and then start typing the template name. The field will autocomplete with the optional template name.
To add optional templates to the project after it has been created, select the project you want to add templates to and then click Add New Templates.
The templates must already be in your Blueprint Source folder and set as optional in the Blueprint Builder. (More on Blueprint Source folders here).
If a project owner changes roles, you may need to update the project information so the new project owner can make changes. To edit project information, select the project and click Edit Project Information.
Only Project Owners and Program Leads can edit project information or change the project owner.
To see the latest information about your project, select the project and then click Update Reporting at the bottom of the screen.
If cell links aren’t working as expected, click Update Reporting to reconnect items that have become disconnected or corrupted.