To view your Smartsheet tasks in a non-Smartsheet calendar, you can publish a sheet from Calendar View and subscribe to it from any calendar that supports the the iCal format (many calendar programs do this including Zimbra and Outlook for Windows, to name a few).
To publish sheet data so that you can subscribe to it from a calendar program external to Smartsheet:
- Switch to Calendar View of the sheet and click Publish iCal in the toolbar.
The Publish Options form appears.
- Make sure that the ON option is selected under Calendar. (You'll need to be the sheet Owner or have Admin-level sharing permissions to do this.)
- Click Get Link.
- Click Add to my calendar or copy and paste the URL to manually to subscribe to the Smartsheet calendar from your external calendar.
As you update the sheet, the changes you make will be reflected in the published iCal. Note, however, that the calendar data will be refreshed at the frequency specified in the external calendar program (there may be a delay).
Here are some things to keep in mind as you work with a Calendar View published for use in iCal format:
- This option isn't available from the calendar view of a report.
- This feature isn't available for Microsoft Outlook users on a Mac.
- Published calendars are replaced when you update them; therefore, changes made outside of Smartsheet will be overwritten.
- Calendar View and published calendar entries display information from the the Primary Column only. You cannot change or add columns for display.
- A System Admin can disable publishing; if your System Admin has done this, the Publish iCal icon will be greyed out.
- Project sheet tasks with duration in partial days, hours, or minutes will still span across full days in Calendar View and in the published calendar.