NOTE: This feature is available in the Calendar View of your sheets, but not the Calendar View of any report.
You can publish up to 600 rows of tasks (per sheet) to your Google Calendar.
- From the Calendar View of the sheet, click the Google Calendar icon to publish your dates to your Google Calendar. The Publish to a Google Calendar form appears.
TIP: If you have more than 600 tasks, use the publish to iCal feature as an alternative.
- Enter a name for the Google Calendar.
- Select the ON option, and then click OK. All tasks from Smartsheet will appear in a new calendar in Google Calendar. Adding new tasks, or changing existing tasks, in Smartsheet will automatically sync to your Google Calendar.
NOTE: If you drag and drop a Smartsheet event in Google, the change will not sync to Smartsheet. However, if you've installed the Smartsheet Google App, you can click on the Smartsheet icon in your Google Calendar to make changes that will sync back to Smartsheet. The app is available to Google for Work subscribers in the Google Apps Marketplace.
You can display up to 600 items from one of your Google calendars onto the Calendar View of any sheet using overlay.
- From Calendar View, click the Google Calendar icon . The Overlay a Google Calendar form appears.
- Select the ON option, and then click OK. Changes made in Google Calendar are reflected in your Smartsheet Calendar. Google Calendar items are read-only and can't be edited in Smartsheet.
NOTE: If you're already logged in to your Google account in your current browser session, you will be asked to grant Smartsheet permission to use your Google credentials. If you're not logged in to Google already, you must provide your Google account information.