Who can use this capability
Backups are available on Enterprise and Business plans.
To request a sheet backup, you need viewer permissions or higher.
To request a one-time workspace backup, you must have viewer permissions or higher.
To request recurring workspace backups, you must be the workspace owner or admin.
About Smartsheet backups
This Help Article Appears in the Following Learning Tracks
Smartsheet operates 100% in the cloud: the sheets you create are stored on Smartsheet servers.
If you want a backup copy of your data and you're on a Business or Enterprise plan, you can:
- Request a one-time or weekly recurring backup.
- Request a sheet snapshot from a specific point in time from the sheet's Activity Log.
Any plan type can:
- Manually export one or more sheets or reports.
Backup best practices
- Business and Enterprise customers can schedule recurring weekly backups.
- You can export your data at any time. Set yourself a reminder to do so at the start or end of every workday.
- Check with your IT department to find out what backup processes they already have in place.
- Use File > Save as new to copy your dashboards. That way, you will have a local version with all the widgets and formulas in place, just in case.