About Smartsheet backups
This Help Article Appears in the Following Learning Tracks
Who can use this capability
Backups are available on Enterprise and Business plans.
To request a sheet backup, you need viewer permissions or higher.
To request a one-time workspace backup, you must have viewer permissions or higher.
To request recurring workspace backups, you must be the workspace owner or admin.
Smartsheet operates 100% in the cloud: the sheets you create are stored on Smartsheet servers.
If you want a backup copy of your data and you're on a Business or Enterprise plan, you can:
- Request a one-time or weekly recurring backup.
- Request a sheet snapshot from a specific point in time from the sheet's Activity Log.
Any plan type can:
- Manually export one or more sheets or reports.
Backup best practices
- Business and Enterprise customers can schedule recurring weekly backups.
- You can export your data at any time. Set yourself a reminder to do so at the start or end of every workday.
- Check with your IT department to find out what backup processes they already have in place.
- Use File > Save as new to copy your dashboards. That way, you will have a local version with all the widgets and formulas in place, just in case.