Access files attached to work items in your sheet all in one place: the Attachments panel. You'll be able to access all attachments associated with the sheet, regardless of whether they were attached to the entire sheet, to a specific row, or to a comment.
Files attached through a supported online storage service open outside of Smartsheet and may require additional sharing permissions from the service for you to be able to access them.
Where You'll See Attachments
All sheet attachments appear in the right panel, regardless of where they're specifically attached in the sheet.
Some files (for example, images) that were uploaded from a computer or mobile device can be viewed directly in Smartsheet. Others, you may need to download to your own device in order to view or edit them. Smartsheet supports attachments from various online storage services that may offer editing capabilities.
Access and preview attachments
In the sheet:
- Click the Attachments icon in the right panel.
- Click the name of an attached image to preview it.
Some files (for example, Word docs or Google Slides) can't be previewed in Smartsheet. If the file originates from a supported online storage service, clicking the name will open the file in another browser window. Otherwise, you may need to download the attachment.
Quickly go to the source row
You can click the row number under the name of an attachment to quickly go to that row for additional context on the file.
Download a single attachment
You can only download files that were uploaded directly form a device. Attachments from a link or other online service can't be downloaded through Smartsheet.
In the sheet:
- Click the Attachments icon in the right panel. The Attachments panel appears.
- Hover over the attachment name, click the More icon , and then click Download File.
The most current version of the file will be downloaded in its original format. (If you need to download an older version of a file, see Versioning Files Attached to Items in Smartsheet.)
Download multiple attachments at once
- Click the Attachments icon in the right panel. The attachments panel appears.
- Check the box next to each attachment that you want to download.
- At the top of the Attachments Panel, click Actions and then click Download Files.
Files are downloaded to your computer in a compressed .zip bundle.