Using Smartsheet Automation, you can automatically generate documents as specific conditions are met. Use this capability to generate purchase orders, patient intake forms, contracts or other documents that are standard in your work processes.
Before you set up automatic document generation, you will need a fillable PDF or DocuSign mapping. Learn more about document mapping for DocuSign or for a fillable PDF.
To automatically generate documents:
- At the top of your screen, select Automation and then select New workflow from scratch…
- Set the trigger for the workflow. This might be a certain date, when a field has changes, or any other change to the row that creates a need for the associated document.
- In the Select an action block, select Generate document.
- From the Select mapping dropdown, select the mapping you want to use. If you don't have a mapping, you'll need to create one now.
- Add any conditions you want met before the document is generated. Learn more about workflow conditions.
- In the lower right corner, click Save. Now, Smartsheet will automatically generate your document whenever the trigger occurs and conditions are met.