As your work processes develop, you may need to tweak, copy, disable, delete, unsubscribe from, or subscribe to an automated workflow.
To access your saved workflows:
- At the top left of the sheet, select Automation > Manage workflows
In the top right corner of the workflow manager, you can:
- Filter by status: All, Active, Inactive, Unable to run
- Sort by: Name, Date modified, Date created, Last run
Make updates to your workflows
- At the top left of the sheet, select Automation > Manage workflows. Here, you’ll see each workflow’s status and the last run and modified dates for each workflow.
- Hover over the workflow and select the More icon.
From this menu, you can:
- Activate or deactivate the workflow
- Edit the workflow
- Duplicate the workflow – this is useful if you want to use the workflow as a template for another workflow
- Delete the workflow - You cannot restore a deleted workflow. Use deactivate if you're not sure you want to delete the workflow.
- Subscribe or unsubscribe from a workflow
- View workflow properties, like Workflow ID, workflow creation details, and who (if anyone) has unsubscribed.
Workflow issues and notifications
You may receive email notifications if there are issues with your workflow. Maybe one of the columns used in the workflow was deleted from the associated sheet, or some of the intended recipients don’t have access to the sheet.
Follow the instructions in the email to fix any issues
Unsubscribe from workflow notifications
If you want to stop receiving all automated actions for the workflow, unsubscribe from a workflow.
When you receive alerts or requests, you can select the Unsubscribe link next to the “Don't want to receive this alert?” text at the bottom of the message.
Need to receive alerts or automated actions again? Access the workflow menu, and select Subscribe.
Duplicate a workflow
Select Duplicate in the workflow menu.
You can now edit the workflow to address any new scenarios. Make sure you edit any approval requests. Store them in a new field or use new values for approved or declined requests. If you don't change them, approvals in your original workflow may cause approval requests in the duplicated workflow to run. Check your subscriber list too, to make sure all the correct people receive notifications.
Check workflow properties
To check the following details, open the Workflow Properties dialog:
- Workflow ID: 16-digit value assigned to your workflow, which you can use for interactions with Smartsheet Support
- Created by: User who created the workflow
- People who unsubscribed from the workflow: Total number and list of users who unsubscribed from the workflow