Who can use this capability
View and manage automated workflows
As your work processes develop, you may need to tweak, copy, disable, delete, unsubscribe from, or subscribe to an automated workflow.
Access your saved workflows
- At the top left of the sheet, select Automation > Manage workflows.
In the top right corner of the workflow manager, you can:
- Filter by status: All, Active, Inactive, Unable to run
- Sort by: Name, Date modified, Date created, Last run
Make updates to your workflows
- At the top left of the sheet, under Automation > Manage workflows, you can see the status and the last run and modified dates for each workflow.
- Hover over the workflow and select the More icon.
From this menu, you can:
- Activate or deactivate the workflow.
- Edit the workflow.
- Duplicate the workflow if you want to create a template for another workflow.
- Delete the workflow if you are sure you want it deleted; otherwise, use deactivate. You cannot restore a deleted workflow.
- Subscribe or unsubscribe from a workflow.
- View workflow properties, like the workflow ID, workflow creation details, and who has unsubscribed.
Workflow issues and notifications
You may receive email notifications if there are issues with your workflow. Follow the instructions in the email to fix any issues.
Unsubscribe from workflow notifications
If you want to stop receiving all automated actions for the workflow, unsubscribe by clicking the Unsubscribe link next to the Don't want to receive this alert? text at the bottom of the message.
Access the workflow menu, and select Subscribe if you want to receive alerts or automated actions again.
Duplicate a workflow
Select Duplicate in the workflow menu.
You can now edit the workflow to address any new scenarios and keep these tips in mind:
- Edit any approval requests: Store them in a new field or use new values. If you do not change them, approvals in your original workflow may cause approval requests in the duplicated workflow to run.
- Check your subscriber list: Make sure all the correct people receive notifications.
Check workflow properties
Open the Workflow Properties dialog to review the following details:
- Workflow ID: 16-digit value that you can use for interactions with Smartsheet Support.
- Created by: User who created the workflow.
- People who unsubscribed from the workflow: Total number and list of users who unsubscribed from the workflow.