Who can use this capability
People with Admin permissions can edit report settings.
Build a row report
With a row report you can create filters for relevant information in a sheet, restrict users to editing only the important columns or rows and combine information from multiple sheets into a single report
You can add rows from multiple sheets into one report with a row report. If you need to add multiple sheet summaries into one report create a sheet summary report.
Create a Row report
- On the left Menu bar, select Create (plus icon).
- Select Create new > Report.
- Type a name for your report and select Row Report.
- Select OK.
- Open the report and select your source sheets.
Configure the report
Use these tabs to set up the information you need to add in the report:
- Source Sheets - Select the sheets which have the data you need for your report.
- Columns Displayed - From the source sheets, select columns you want to add to your report.
- Filter Criteria - Identify the data your report should pull from the source sheets. Only the data that meet your filtering criteria will be displayed in the report.
- Group - Organizes your data into categories which help you easily access the information you need.
- Summarize - Summarize your information by defining key metrics to help you make informed decisions.
- Sort - Arrange the information in a particular order: Oldest to Newest or Newest to Oldest.
If you are working with large amounts of data, consider applying additional summary filters to the report when you configure it. Sheet name, Created (date), and Modified (date) can limit the data included and help your reports run more efficiently.