- search_text—The string containing the text that you want to replace
- old_text—The text string you want to replace
- new_text—The text string to replace old_text
- replace_num—[optional]The instance in search_text to replace old_text with new_text. If omitted, all instances are replaced.
- The text that you provide in SUBSTITUTE is case sensitive.
Still need help?
Use the Formula Handbook template to find more support resources, and view 100+ formulas, including a glossary of every function that you can practice working with in real time, and examples of commonly used and advanced formulas.
Find examples of how other Smartsheet customers use this function or ask about your specific use case in the Smartsheet online Community.