Who can use this capability
You must be a licensed Smartsheet user with Owner, Admin, or Editor-level permission on the sheet to create workflows. Users with Editor-level permissions can only create, edit, or delete alerts or reminders with themselves as the recipient. Learn about workflow permissions.
Manually run a workflow
Run an active workflow any time you want.
Manually run a workflow if you want to see the results of changes you have made, or if you have new data and need the updates incorporated before the scheduled run time.
You can run the workflow for the entire sheet or for selected rows only, and you can decide who you want to receive notifications when the workflow runs.
To run a workflow now:
- Select Automations > Manage Workflows.
- Hover over the workflow you want to run.
- Select Run Now. Follow the instructions on your screen.
Things you should know
- Run Workflow Now is only available on active workflows, and it may alter your sheet data based on the actions configured in the workflow.
- Select Send notifications to myself to change who receives email and in-app notifications from the workflow. Use this setting when you don't need to notify everyone specified by the workflow. The setting applies to email and in-app notifications and isn't supported for Slack or Teams alerts and document generation.
- Manually running a workflow doesn't override any scheduled workflows.
- Manually running a workflow bypasses all trigger criteria but respects workflow conditions.
- You can specify whether to run the workflow on the entire sheet or on specific rows.