Triggers initiate a workflow. There are a few different ways you can use them.
Some of the integrations available in Bridge can act as workflow triggers. To enable these integrations:
- Navigate to the Integrations page in Bridge.
- Search for the integration you need for your workflow.
- Select the integration.
- To authenticate and set up the integration, follow the integration prompts.
Here are some of the integrations you can use to trigger a workflow:
Currently, only set up Smartsheet triggers are visible in the designer's Triggers pane.
Workflows can be set up to trigger other workflows. We call these parent and child workflows. A workflow can have one or more parents and one or more children.
Follow these steps to set a schedule for your workflow:
- To expand the Trigger pane, in the workflow builder, select the Trigger element.
- Expand the Schedule option.
- Define your schedule details.
Follow these steps to trigger a workflow manually:
- Open the workflow in the designer.
- In the upper-right area of the screen, select .
- In the dialog that appears, select .
If Bridge isn't integrated with a third-party tool you’d like to use to trigger workflows, define these triggers using the Inbound Webhook Utility:
Before you begin
Make sure that:
- The other system offers relevant webhooks associated with the trigger events you'd like to use.
- This system does not require validation of webhook endpoints.
- Go to the Integrations page.
- Find the Inbound Webhooks icon.
- Fill in the required information.
If your workflow is chat-based, you can define phrases that trigger your workflow.
- To see the Trigger pane, in the workflow builder, select the Trigger element.
- Expand the Phrases section.
- Add one or more words or phrases that should trigger your workflow.