Initiate a workflow with triggers
Triggers initiate a workflow. There are a few different ways you can use them.
Some of the integrations available in Bridge can act as workflow triggers. To enable these integrations:
- Navigate to the Integrations page in Bridge.
- Search for the integration you need for your workflow.
- Select the integration.
- To authenticate and set up the integration, follow the integration prompts.
Here are some of the integrations you can use to trigger a workflow:
- Resource Management
Currently, only set up Smartsheet triggers are visible in the designer's Triggers pane.
Workflows can be set up to trigger other workflows. We call these parent and child workflows. A workflow can have one or more parents and one or more children.
Learn more about parent and child workflows.
Follow these steps to set a schedule for your workflow:
- To expand the Trigger pane, in the workflow builder, select the Trigger element.
- Expand the Schedule option.
- Define your schedule details.
Follow these steps to trigger a workflow manually:
- Open the workflow in the designer.
- In the upper-right area of the screen, select .
- In the dialog that appears, select .
If Bridge isn't integrated with a third-party tool you’d like to use to trigger workflows, define these triggers using the Inbound Webhook Utility:
Before you begin
Make sure that:
- The other system offers relevant webhooks associated with the trigger events you'd like to use.
- This system does not require validation of webhook endpoints.
- Go to the Integrations page.
- Find the Inbound Webhooks icon.
- Fill in the required information.