Manage tasks and assignments with the Project Worklist
The Project Worklist shows all Work Items and assignments for a project, organized by phase. You can see all the work, its status, and who it’s assigned to. Using the Worklist, you can communicate and track the actual work within the project while staying high-level to focus on the project’s outcomes.
From the Worklist, you can create and edit project plans and indicate who should work on what and when. And you can add Work Items to indicate key deliverables or milestones within the project or specific project phases.
Before you can use the Worklist, you must set up a project.
Phases are a flexible way to break down a project into different kinds of work.
Add phases first, then add Work Items to each phase.
To add phases to Worklist:
- At the top left of the Worklist, click Phase. A new phase row appears at the bottom of the Worklist.
- Name the Phase. Use the Enter key to add more phases; click anywhere on screen when you’re done.
- To edit the Phase, click the new row. The properties pane opens in the right sidebar.
To adjust phase dates:
- On a phase row, click the start or end date to open the calendar.
- Select the new dates from the calendar.
Set the dates for each new phase as you create them; the next phase you add will start immediately after the previous phase ends.
Adding Work Items to the Worklist
Work Items clearly define the project deliverables, expectations, and responsibilities for the project, phase, or person.
To add work items:
- Hover over a person, and then click Work Item.
- In the right pane, fill out the Work Item properties.
Hovering over a row activates + Work Item text at the very bottom of the project or phase grouping, allowing you to quickly add a description of the work or outcome that will be associated at the project or phase-level
To assign work items
If you create a Work Item from the top of the Work List, you still need to assign it to a team member. If you create a Work Item from a person on your list, it’s automatically assigned to that person.
- Click the Work Item row to open the Work Item details on the right. You can now select Assign Team Member to assign someone to this work.
- Hover over the Work Item and then click Assign. Use the right panel to assign a team member to the Work Item.
Copying Work Items in the Worklist
You can duplicate a Work Item, copying it to either the project or a phase in the project. This can be useful when you when:
- You have multiple people working on the same thing. Copy the Work Item multiple times and assign each copy to the people working on it.
- You have similar assignments across many phases of a project, for example a design review. Copy the Work Item each phase and edit the dates.
- Need to move a Work Item. Copy the Work Item to the new phase and delete the old Work Item; this way you won’t lose any of the details.
To copy a Work Item:
- On the Worklist, click the Work Item you want to copy. The details pane opens on the right.
- At the bottom of the details pane, click Copy.
- Select the project or phase where you want to copy the Work Item.
Deleting Work Items from the Worklist
Only Administrators and Project Managers can delete Work Items. Deleting a Work Item deletes the entire row and all its contents, including the assignment. Any time already tracked to the assignment is retained.
- Click the Work Item row and then, at the bottom of the right pane, click Delete.
Adding People to the Worklist
To add a team member to a phase:
There are two ways to add a Team Member to the Worklist:
- Select the project or phase, and then click + Add Team Member from the right panel.
- Hover under the last entry in a phase or project and then click Team Member. Your team directory appears in the right panel.
To add a Team Member to multiple phases:
- At the top of the Worklist, click Team Member.
- In the right panel, select the Phases you want to add team members to. You can also select the whole project.
- At the bottom of the panel, select Add Phases.
- Select the Team Member you want to add.
All assignments have start and end dates. Depending on whether the person is assigned at the project or phase-level, assignments will inherit the project or phase start and end dates by default.
Specifying Work Status in the Worklist
You can specify a status for each Work Item to identify and communicate the real-time status for current project work. Administrators, Project Managers and the person assigned to the work can change the status over the course of a project will enable you to capture historical changes. Use this information to uncover insights about how work can run more smoothly.
Statuses can be used to visually identify items within a project that need attention and can be customized to suit your organization’s unique vocabulary.
When you change a status, the newly set status is shown wherever that Work Item appears, until it’s modified again.
For more information, see Work Status.
Shifting Dates in the Worklist
Project and phase dates change. If you’ve already defined phases and assignments, you can shift the dates without editing each item.
To shift dates:
- In the Worklist, click on the project or phase name. It’s in bold at the top of the project or phase section.
- In the right pane, click Shift Dates.
- Enter a new start date and then click Save
Shifting a project moves all phases, assignments, and due dates for tasks.