Only Administrators and Project Managers can create and schedule projects. Once created, projects will appear on your organization’s Project Portfolio Page.
How to create a new project:
There are different ways to add a project. Navigate to Account Settings to enter multiple projects at once, or add one from the Project Page by selecting Add Project in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Go to Projects > New Project.
- At a minimum, you must enter a Project Name, Project Type, and Start + End dates.
- Adding additional details will help you create a robust Project Portfolio. These additional details include the following:
- Client - select a Client from the list, or create a new one
- Project Code - you can use this for your own internal project codes. It is optional.
- Duration - you can use this to specify the number of working days of the project, and the system will automatically determine your end date. This is useful if you have a longer project that overlaps with holidays and weekends.
- Custom Fields
- Notifications preference - Control whether people should be notified about changes to this specific project or their assignments on this project.
- Budgets (For more information on Budgets, see Create and Manage Budgets)
- Phases (For more information on phases, see Use Phases for Projects)
- Bill Rates (For more information on bill rates, see Configure Bill Rates in Account Settings)
- Lock/Unlock Time Entries
- Click Save
- After you set up a project, you can start adding people to the project, and they can start tracking time towards that project. For more information on adding people to the project, see Assign Work to Team Members in 10000ft.
You can also create a project from a Template or by copying another project.