Who can use this capability
Licensed Owners and Admins can embed custom content to a dashboard or WorkApp.
Embed custom content in dashboards and WorkApps
To successfully embed information from external sources, make sure that you have the correct link or embed code.
You’ll see better results from a form URL as opposed to an embed code (iframe)
For some applications, you need to publish content to the web to get the required embed code. This means you may expose private documentation to anyone who has the link.
Before you begin
Consider the security and privacy of your files. Use the share link, test the privacy settings of web content widgets in your dashboard. It’s best to do this in a separate incognito window. Some browsers, such as Chrome, may prompt you to enable third-party cookies in incognito to properly view embedded content such as published Word docs.
Embed content from
Read the following resources to learn how to embed Vimeo content in your Smartsheet dashboard:
Check Youtube Help Center to learn how to embed videos and playlists in your Smartsheet dashboard.
You can embed the following Smartsheet items in your dashboard:
- Dynamic View
To get the URL or embed code of a Smartsheet sheet or report
- Go to the Smartsheet app.
- Open the sheet or report you want to display on the dashboard.
- Publish the sheet or report.
- If you’ve already published the sheet or report, skip to step 4.
- In the Publish Options form, select Get Link.
- In the Embed Code section, copy the embed code (iframe).
To get the URL of a Smartsheet form
- In the Smartsheet app, open the sheet where the form is located.
- In the menu bar, select Forms > Manage Forms.
- In the Forms dialog, select the form you want to embed in your dashboard.
- In the form builder, select Open Form.
- In the address bar, copy the form URL.
To get the URL of the Calendar App
- In the toolbar, switch to Calendar View.
- In the address bar, copy the URL.
To get the URL of a Dynamic View
- Go to the Smartsheet app.
- On the left Navigation Bar, select Launcher.
- Select Dynamic View.
- Open the view you want to embed in your dashboard.
- In the address bar, copy the view URL.
You must share both the dashboard and the underlying Dynamic View to anyone who you want to see the embedded dynamic view.
Resource Management by Smartsheet
Embed the following Resource Management pages in your dashboard:
- Current user’s profile page
- Specific user’s profile page
- People page
- Project Portfolio page
- Analytics page
To see the view on your dashboard, dashboard viewers must have a Resource Management license.
To access the view on your dashboard, you may need to sign out from and then sign in again to Resource Management.
To get the URL of a Resource Management report
- Sign in to Resource Management.
- To open the report, go to the Analytics tab or your profile page.
- Select the report you want to embed on your dashboard.
- In the report, select Share.
- In the box that appears, copy the report URL.
If you want to embed the Analytics page itself, copy the URL provided in the previous section.
To get the URL of other Resource Management pages
- Sign in to Resource Management.
- Go to the page you want to embed or copy the following URLs:
- Current user’s profile page: rm.smartsheet.com/me
- Specific user’s profile page: rm.smartsheet.com/users/[7-digit ID]
When you go to a specific user’s page, you’ll see a unique 7-digit ID at the end of their page’s URL.
- People page: rm.smartsheet.com/people
- Schedule: rm.smartsheet.com/plan
- Project Portfolio page: rm.smartsheet.com/projects
- Analytics page: rm.smartsheet.com/analytics
- Reports: rm.smartsheet.com/report
- Google Docs
- Google Slides
- Google Sheets
- Google Maps
- Google Calendar
To get the URL of a Google file, calendar, or map
Check out the following articles in Google:
Embed the following Microsoft files in your dashboard:
- Microsoft PowerPoint Online
- Microsoft Excel Online
- Microsoft Word Online
- Bing Maps
- Microsoft Power BI
Double-check the privacy settings of files in any Microsoft 365 app
Let's say you have a Microsoft 365 file with restricted settings on one dashboard. Then, you use the same Microsoft 365 file on a separate dashboard but with enabled public settings. The Microsoft file will revert to the public setting in all instances according to Microsoft's permission settings.
To keep your content private, do either of the following:
- Use the embed code for all instances of the content.
- Create a copy of the content and extract a separate public link, so that you can maintain one private and one public version.
To confirm that your content is at the proper security setting before sharing it widely, test your dashboard by publishing it and viewing it in an Incognito browser window or sharing it to another Smartsheet account.
To embed your Microsoft files in a dashboard
Read the following articles in Microsoft:
- Embed a presentation in a web page or blog
- Share it: Embed an Excel workbook on your web page or blog from OneDrive
- Embed web content in Word for the web
To embed Bing Maps in your dashboard
Microsoft Power BI
- Check out Microsoft’s article on how to embed Microsoft Power BI reports in your dashboard.
Tableau Online embedding is supported from the cloud Tableau Online app only.
Tableau on a self-hosted server and Tableau public links aren't supported.
Web content widgets on Smartsheet dashboards accept iframe codes only. The embed code will include a <script> tag.
To customize which Tableau charts you want visible
Resize the widget. If a chart is in the bottom, to make that specific chart the only visible one, edit the Tableau dashboard itself. Then, move that chart to the top.
To learn the steps on how to Tableau content in your dashboard
Check out the Embed Views and Metrics page in Tableau Help.
Read the following steps to learn how to embed Adobe XD prototypes in your dashboard:
Check out Domo’s Knowledge Base to learn how to embed Domo content in your dashboard.
Check out Lucidchart’s Help center to learn how to embed your Lucidchart content in your dashboard.
Check out Prezi’s Support Center to learn how to embed your Prezi Present content in your dashboard.
Masply is an interactive map with your Smartsheet data that can be embedded into a Smartsheet dashboard. (Learn how here.)