Who can use this capability
You must be a System Admin to consolidate accounts.
Consolidate Smartsheet accounts
If you're on a Pro or Business plan, you can merge two (or more) plans into one.
If you have an Enterprise plan, you can merge an Individual, Free, Team, Pro, or Business plan into your account. However, if you want to merge two Enterprise plans, contact Smartsheet Support.
In this process, the source plan is the one you merge into your existing plan. The target plan becomes the overall consolidated plan.
The source plan can't be an Enterprise plan.
Before you merge plans
- The source plan must be a paid, active plan.
- Ensure you have enough licenses available on your target plan before merging plans. License types don't change after the merge, but you need sufficient to cover the source plan users.
- Inventory the target capabilities against the source plan and make sure they match. You may lose critical functions if you don't have parity in capabilities.
- Confirm that the System Admin for the target plan archived or downloaded any reports or payment information. This information isn’t available after the merge.
Don't cancel the source plan until you complete the merge process. If you canceled the account before the merge, you must add licenses to the target plan and invite each person to your plan.
Send a consolidation request
- Log into Admin Center for the target plan.
- Go to User Management > Add User.
- Enter the details, including the email address, for the source plan's System Admin.
- Select Invite.
- When you’re ready, select Continue to send the invite to the source plan's System Admin.
You can't consolidate a Business plan into a Pro plan.
Accept a consolidation request
- Back up any critical data and download any payment information.
- Check your email for an account invitation. Select Join Now.
You can't undo a consolidation request.
If the target plan has enough licenses, the consolidation completes when the source System Admin accepts the invitation.
If the target plan needs more licenses, the System Admin receives a prompt notifying that they need to acquire more licenses. The consolidation is completed when the target plan has enough licenses to accommodate the source plan's users.
- All active users (licensed and unlicensed) appear in the target plan's user base.
- Users from the source plan may see a welcome screen the first time they log into the consolidated plan.
- Admin permissions don't transfer. The target plan System Admin has to grant new permissions after the consolidation.
Declined or pending user invitations on the source plan are deleted.
Legacy Resource Management views don't automatically reflect the combined user base. Open the associated sheets and save them; the views update accordingly.
Capabilities and plans requiring additional support
If the source plan has any of the add-ons below, you need assistance migrating existing workflows. Contact your account executive, customer success manager, or support for assistance.
- Connector-based workflows:
- Jira Connector
- Salesforce Connector
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Connector
- ServiceNow Connector
- Dynamic View
- Resource Management by Smartsheet, using the Resource Management panel for Smartsheet Integration and/or sign-in with Smartsheet for Resource Management authentication option.
- DataTable by Smartsheet
- Data Egress
- Data Classification
- Event Reporting