Who can use this capability
You must be an admin on Microsoft Teams to approve the integration; anyone can install and use the Smartsheet for Teams app.
Overview: integrate Smartsheet with Microsoft Teams
Integrate your working environment and your conversation environment with Smartsheet for Microsoft Teams.
Smartsheet for Microsoft Teams integration has the following capabilities:
- Send notifications from Smartsheet to a Teams channel or as direct messages.
- Search and find Smartsheet items directly from the Teams application using the messaging extension.
- Add Smartsheet items as tabs within channels in Teams.
Smartsheet for Teams is compatible with both the browser and desktop versions of the Microsoft Teams application.
Set up Smartsheet for Microsoft Teams
Click here to install the Smartsheet for Teams integration. An Office 365 Admin must approve the integration; once that’s done, anyone can install it. Consult with your IT if you have access issues.
Installation link not working? Try the following:
- As a Microsoft Teams admin, go to the Teams Admin Center > Left-Navigation Panel > Teams apps > Manage Apps.
Search for Smartsheet and set the status to Allowed. You may also need to go to Teams apps > Permission Policies to edit the Global (Org-wide default) permissions to Allow all apps for Third-party apps.
- As an Azure Administrator, navigate to the Azure Portal > Azure Active Directory > Enterprise applications > Security > Consent and permissions to Allow user consent for apps.
For information about the app’s Certification, Data Handling, and Security, see the Smartsheet Attestation within the Microsoft 365 App Compliance Program.