Integrate your working environment and your conversation environment with Smartsheet for Microsoft Teams.
Smartsheet for Microsoft Teams integration has three main capabilities:
- Set Smartsheet notifications to be automatically sent to a Teams channel. Keep your team updated on specific changes in their channel, so they can take appropriate action on tasks and projects right away.
- Receive Smartsheet notifications and reminders as direct messages, review and submit Smartsheet update requests, and review and approve Smartsheet approval requests without leaving Teams. All Smartsheet notifications in Teams contain a link back to Smartsheet, too, if you need more detail.
- Add Smartsheet sheets, dashboards, and reports as ‘Tabs’ within a Team channel and take action on key projects and tasks from within the Teams app.
Smartsheet for Teams is compatible with both the browser and desktop versions of the Microsoft Teams application.
Set up Smartsheet for Microsoft Teams
Click here to install the Smartsheet for Teams integration. An Office 365 Admin must approve the integration; once that’s done, anyone can install it. Consult with your IT if you have access issues.
Installation link not working? Try the following:
- As a Microsoft Teams admin, go to the Teams Admin Center > Left-Navigation Panel > Teams apps > Manage Apps. Search for Smartsheet and set the status to Allowed. You may also need to go to Teams apps > Permission Policies to edit the Global (Org-wide default) permissions to Allow all apps for Third-party apps.
- As an Azure Administrator, navigate to the Azure Portal > Azure Active Directory > Enterprise applications > Security > Consent and permissions to Allow user consent for apps.
Learn more about admin settings for Teams in this Microsoft Help Article.
For information about the app’s Certification, Data Handling, and Security, see the Smartsheet Attestation within the Microsoft 365 App Compliance Program.