Who can use this capability
You must be an admin on Microsoft Teams to approve the integration; anyone can install and use the Smartsheet for Teams app.
Share or publish Smartsheet items to Microsoft Teams
Interact with Smartsheet forms, sheets, reports, and dashboards without leaving Microsoft Teams.
Sharing or publishing a Smartsheet item to a Teams channel will make that item available to anyone in the channel. Before you proceed, make sure you’re not publishing data that should not be exposed to people who have access to the channel.
Before you begin
You need the following permissions to publish Smartsheet items to Microsoft Teams.
Smartsheet sharing permission requirements
You must be the Owner or have Admin-level sharing permissions to the Smartsheet item you want to add as a tab in a Microsoft Teams channel. Learn more about sharing permission levels.
Microsoft Teams requirements
Your Microsoft Teams Admin must install the Smartsheet for Microsoft Teams integration app before you can use this feature. Learn how to configure Teams to work with Smartsheet.
You must have at least one channel in a team to add a Smartsheet item as a tab to that channel in Microsoft Teams.
Smartsheet for Microsoft Teams is compatible with the browser and desktop versions of the Microsoft Teams application.
Add a Smartsheet item as a tab in a Teams channel
- From Microsoft Teams, select the channel you want from the left panel.
- In Teams, select .
- Search for Smartsheet. If you are a Smartsheet EU customer, select Smartsheet EU.
- To grant Smartsheet access to integrate with Microsoft Teams, select Connect to Smartsheet > Allow. If prompted, sign in to your Smartsheet account.
- Locate and then select the Smartsheet item you want to use. You can add sheets, reports, or dashboards to a Teams channel.
- Select Share, Publish, or Don’t Share.
- If you choose Share or Publish, set how people in the channel can interact with the Smartsheet item. Set the sharing permission levels to read-only or editable by anyone.
- Select Save.
You’re done! The members in your channel can view and edit (if you’ve allowed editing) the Smartsheet item in the tab within Microsoft Teams.
Publish settings: read only or editable by anyone
You can modify settings, rename, or remove the tab if needed.
- Read Only: Full Version: Anyone in the Teams channel can view but not edit the entire sheet, report, or dashboard.
- Editable by Anyone: Anyone in the Teams channel can view and edit the entire sheet. (This option isn’t available for reports or dashboards.)
Additional things to know
- You can’t apply current user filter criteria in a sheet added to a Microsoft Teams channel. Learn how to create a filter to show or hide data.
- To see more of the Smartsheet item in the tab and hide your custom branding, select View sheet in full screen.
- To avoid messaging the channel about the new tab, clear the Post to the channel about this tab checkbox.
- You need permission from your Microsoft Office 365 admin to share Smartsheet items when adding them as Tabs in your Teams channel. Select Skip on the admin approval screen to bypass this step.
- You can select Publish to add Smartsheet items as tabs and anyone with a link can access the item in the tab.
- If you choose the Don’t share option, only channel members with access to the sheet will see sheet content in the tab. Other members will see the Don’t have access page, and they can request access from the Request access button.