Sharing permission levels and tasks
There are five permission levels in Smartsheet. When you share a Smartsheet item with someone, you can set the following permission levels:
Tasks and permissions
Go to the sharing permissions and levels table for a detailed breakdown of tasks and permission levels.
The permission level you assign determines the features available to a collaborator for the item you're sharing (sheet, report, or workspace for example). If you create an item, you’re the Owner of that item.
Permission levels and user types aren’t the same. For example, it's possible to be a System Admin on a Business or Enterprise account with only Viewer-level sharing access to a particular sheet. You could also be a free collaborator with Admin-level sharing access to a sheet.
Some features listed here are available only to licensed customers. Not sure whether you have a license? See the Identify Your Smartsheet Plan and User Type article.
Check the permission level you have on a Smartsheet item
There are two ways to do this:
- Check the file properties
- In the menu bar, select File > Properties.
- In the Permissions row, you’ll see the permission level.
- Open the Sheet Sharing form
- In the upper-right area of the Smartsheet item, select Share.
- In the Collaborators section, search for your name. In the right side of your email address, you’ll see the permission level.