Who can use this capability
If an item is in a workspace, then users with Admin-level permissions can delete it. If an item isn't in a workspace, only the Owner of that item can delete it.
Delete Smartsheet items
Delete Smartsheet items you no longer use to free up space and remove clutter.
If you don't have the appropriate permission to the sheet, report or template, you won't be able to delete it. Instead, you can remove your shared access to the item to remove it from browse in the left panel.
- Click File > Delete.
Delete an item from browse
- Browse to the item you want to delete.
- Right-click the item, then select Delete.
A confirmation message appears before the sheet is deleted. To delete multiple items at once, hold the Shift key and select the items, then select the Delete icon. Deleted items move to the Deleted Items section in the left panel.
You have up to 30 days to recover a deleted item; after 30 days, the item is permanently erased and cannot be recovered.
Delete a workspace or folder
- Only the Owner can delete a workspace
- Folders can be deleted by the Owner or anyone with Admin-level permissions to the parent workspace.
- All the items in a deleted workspace or folder will also be deleted. Sheets, templates, reports, and dashboards are all moved to the Owner's deleted items section and can be recovered.
- When deleted, workspaces and folders themselves cannot be recovered. Instead, you'll need to rebuild them.