Use the Create a Brandfolder Collection template to do these tasks:
- Track your annual marketing plan
- Automatically create a Brandfolder Collection dedicated to a specific campaign
For example, you can create a high-level campaign planning tracking sheet. Then you can use this Bridge template to automatically create a Brandfolder Collection when you set the row status to Planning. This status change will trigger the workflow in Bridge to create the Collection in Brandfolder. Then Bridge will include a direct URL to the Collection back into your sheet, so it’s easy to find as you review your campaign plans.
Systems in use
- Smartsheet - When Column Values are Changed
Workflows in this template
- Create a Brandfolder Collection Based on a Status Change
- Get Brandfolder IDs
The Bridge workflow builder needs to ensure both integrations are authenticated. They must also have the following permissions in both apps:
- Smartsheet: The user building the workflow in Bridge should have at least an Editor permission on the sheet
- Brandfolder: The user building the workflow in Bridge should have an API key and Admin access to the Brandfolder
Authenticate the Brandfolder and Smartsheet integrations
Read the following articles for how to authenticate both apps:
Set up the sheet
Smartsheet requirements to use this template
You need the following for your sheet:
- The Sheet ID: To find this, on your sheet, select File > Properties
- A Text/Number column: Enter Campaign Name as the column name
- Optional: A column with the campaign description or details
You can set up a new sheet with the required columns or add them into your existing sheet to make this template work.
|Column Name (case sensitive)||Column Type||Purpose|
|Required||Status||Dropdown||Acts as the trigger for the workflow|
|Required||Campaign Name||Text/Number||The data in this field in Smartsheet will be the name of your Brandfolder Collection.|
|If you add this, you can use the data in this field in Smartsheet as the tagline of your Brandfolder Collection.|
While the Status column can have any values, it must include a Planning value for the workflow to work effectively.
In the example sheet below, the Campaign Name and Description columns are used in the workflow.
Deploy the template collection
- Log in to your Bridge account.
- In the Solution Center, find and select the Create a Brandfolder Collection template.
- Give your template collection a name.
The name you provide will be the prefix to the default workflow name. For example, if you name the collection Test, then your new workflow would appear as Test - Get Brandfolder IDs once you deploy it.
- To add your new workflow to the list of workflows, select Deploy.
Get your Brandfolder IDs
Before you begin
You need to add Brandfolder ID in the workflow to create the Collection in the correct Brandfolder. To get all the Brandfolder IDs for your account, run Get Brandfolder IDs workflow first.
Run the Get Brandfolder ID workflow
- In the workflow designer, Select the Get Brandfolder IDs workflow.
- In the upper-right area of the workflow designer, select .
- In the bottom of the chat pane, select .
Find the Brandfolder ID you need
- To open Run Log, on the right bar, select .
- Select Refresh.
- Expand the Completed row.
- To review the Brandfolder names, expand the outputs.
- Once you find the right Brandfolder, hover over the brandfolder_id field, and then select .
- To copy the Brandfolder ID value, select Copy JSON Source.
- Paste it in a notepad or any word processor until you’re ready to set up the next workflow.
Set up the Create a Brandfolder Collection workflow
Brandfolder requirements to use this template
You need the following:
- The Brandfolder ID: You can get the IDs for all your Brandfolders using the Get Brandfolder IDs workflow included in this template set
- Brandfolder API key: To get this, select your profile name > My Profile > Integrations
To set up the Create a Brandfolder Collection workflow
- Go back to the workflow list.
- Select the Create a Brandfolder Collection Based on a Status Change workflow.
- Select the Create Collection module.
- In the Brandfolder ID field, paste your Brandfolder ID (without the quotation marks).
- Save the workflow.
Set up the trigger
The trigger you set up runs your new workflow every time the value in the Status column changes.
- Once authenticated, select the Triggers tab, and expand the Triggers section.
- Select Add to Triggers.
- In the Trigger Name field, add a unique name for your trigger.
- In the Sheet ID field, enter the unique ID of the sheet.
To find this in your sheet, select File > Properties.
- In the Event Type field, select the When Column Values are Changed trigger.
- In the Column Name or ID field, type Status.
- In the Workflow list, select the Create a Brandfolder Collection Based on a Status Change workflow.
Learn about what each element of the workflows does in the template.
Most of the modules in this list use data references.
- Brandfolder: List Brandfolders - Gets all of the Brandfolder data in your account. You can use this to see details about every Brandfolder, including IDs.
- Smartsheet: Get Row - When the Create a Brandfolder Collection Based on a Status Change workflow detects the change in the Status value in your Smartsheet sheet, the Get Row module grabs the data from that row.
- Junction: Check Status Column - Checks the value in the Status column, which compares a static value (e.g., Planning) to a data reference (the cell value in the Status column from the Get Row module). If the value in the data reference matches the static value, then the workflow follows the path to create a Brandfolder Collection. Any other value will result in the opposite path, which stops the workflow.
- Brandfolder: Create Collection - Creates a Collection in a specific Brandfolder. You need a Brandfolder ID to direct where the Collection should be created. The Collection Name and Tagline fields in this module pull references from the Get Row module and put the column values for the Campaign Name and Description columns.
- Brandfolder: Create Collection Link - Uses the ID for the new Brandfolder Collection to create a direct URL to it. The data reference brings the Collection ID from the Create Collection module output.
- Smartsheet: Update Row - Uses the Collection URL data reference. Then, it inserts the value as a hyperlink into the Campaign Name column. Once the workflow has run successfully, the Campaign Name value in your Smartsheet sheet will change to a hyperlink. When you click the link, your new Brandfolder Collection will open in a new tab.