Use Work Insights to visualize your data
This Help Article Appears in the Following Learning Tracks
Who can use this capability
Licensed users with Admin, Owner, Editor-can share, or Editor-cannot share permission on the sheet can view and edit Work Insights.
Work Insights automatically analyzes and visualizes the current and historical data in your sheet. Work Insights can help answer questions like these:
- How many items are In progress?
- How many new tickets have been opened week over week?
- How long does it take on average for tickets to go from Open to Resolved?
Use Work Insights to display different data sets
Column snapshots: View rows on a specified day, broken out by a set of column values. For example, how many work items does each team member have?
Total new rows added each day/week/month: For example, how many new requests did you get this week?
The number of rows across two column values: For example, how many high-priority issues did the sales department submit?
Use the links at the top of each Work Insight to change the column, value, or time displayed.
To access Work Insights
- On the right feature bar, select Work Insights .
You can use filters to further refine your Work Insight.
- In the top right corner of each Work Insight block, select Filters .
- Enter your criteria, and then select Apply.
If you want to delete a filter you created, select Filters > .
Add a new Work Insight
- At the top right of the Work Insights pane, select Add Insight.
- Select Column Snapshot, Time Series, or Cross Tabs.
- To display the data you want to see, adjust the settings as needed.
Work Insights FAQs
Can I add Work Insights to a dashboard?
Consider building a chart widget instead.
I added a row, why didn’t the count change in Work Insights?
Smartsheet refreshes your Work Insights data every 24 hours. New or modified data appears in the next refresh cycle. The date and time of last refresh appear at the very top of the Work Insights pane.
Why can’t I add some sheet columns in Work Insights?
Work Insights supports only these column types:
- Dropdown (Single Select)
- Dropdown (Multi Select)
- Contact List