Include a Smartsheet form in a Teams channel to allow people to submit information right from the channel.
For example, you can add a form that allows channel members to submit work order requests that will populate an IT Request Sheet.
To add a Smartsheet form to a channel:
- Create the form in Smartsheet. You must do this in Smartsheet first. Learn more about creating forms.
- Open Smartsheet in a new browser window, then locate and open the desired sheet.
- Click the Forms icon on the right panel.
- Select and copy the URL for the form you want. Open Microsoft Teams and go to the channel that you want to add the form to.
- Click the Plus icon underneath the channel’s name.
- From the Add a Tab window, select Website
- In the Tab Name field, type a name. In the URL field, paste the form link, then click Save.
You can also add published links for sheets, reports, and dashboards to the Website tab.
That’s it! Now your team can fill and submit the form from within Microsoft Teams application.