Who can use this capability
You must be a Smartsheet System Admin to define the list of supported internal domains for use with a web content widget.
A System Admin can enable or disable the use of web content widgets.
Validate company domains to use with the web content widget
System administrators on Enterprise accounts can allow specific company domains as supported sources for the web content widget.
An example of a company domain would be an internal Tableau server that is accessed through a vanity URL (ex: smartsheet.tableau.com, O365.smartsheet.com, etc.). System administrators can define the list of supported domains, and enable or disable the feature on the Domain Settings page.
Enable the use of web content widgets
- In Smartsheet, select your Profile icon in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Select Account Administration > Account Settings > Feature Enablement.
- Under Web Content Widget, check the box for Enabled, including domains that were verified in Security Controls.
- Navigate to Account Administration > Security Controls.
- Select Edit on the Domains (for User Auto Provisioning, Web Content Widget) setting.
- Select Add Domain.
- Type the company domain to validate.
Once the domain is validated, people on your Enterprise account can embed content if the domain offers an iFrame.
Some domains still don't work even after validation. They must be secure (https) domain and embed optimized (no <script> tags).