Create a portfolio view with sheet summary report
A portfolio view pulls data from multiple sheet summaries.
Create a portfolio view
First, you need to create a sheet summary report and then define what is included.
Create your sheet summary report
- On the left Menu bar, select Create (plus icon).
- Select Create new > Report.
- Type a name for your report and select Sheet Summary Report.
- Select OK.
- Open the report and select your source sheets.
Define what is displayed in the report
Use the settings on the report toolbar to adjust your Portfolio View.
Use this tab
To do this
Specify which sheets and summaries will be pulled into this report.
Columns to Display
Select the summary fields or system columns for this report.
Define parameters for summary information displayed in the report.
|Combine similar values into groups to organize rows into logical categories or classifications.
|Extract key information from your report, such as the Count of completed projects.
Define how summary information is sorted in the report.
Once you have configured each setting, select Save to confirm your selections. Summary data that meets defined criteria will be displayed in the report.
For more information about how each of these configuration options works, see Build a Row Report with Report Builder.
Edit custom sheet summary fields in the portfolio view report
You can edit the formatting of fields included in your portfolio view report right in the report; you do not need to go back to the summary field in the underlying sheet to make changes.
- Select Moreon the left side cell of the row you want to modify.
- Select Edit. The Sheet Summary form will open if the source sheet has custom fields. Otherwise, you will see the message This sheet has no custom summary fields defined.
- Enter your changes and click Save.
Tips to build a portfolio view:
- Make sure all your field names are consistent across sheets.
- Use the same field type across all summary fields used to collect the same data type. For example, if you are aggregating budget information, ensure all columns in all included sheets have budget formatted as currency. If you have different field types, for example, currency and numeric, you will get a column for each field type.
Sheet Summary Report is not available for Premium Apps. For example, you cannot use a Sheet Summary type of Report as a source for your Dynamic View.