Who can use this capability
Resourcing Administrators, Portfolio Editors, People Schedulers, Portfolio Reporters, and Project Editors can create reports. The projects visible will vary by permission level. For example, Project Editors will only be able to see the projects they own.
Create an expense report
Expense reports show non-labor related project costs.
Expense reports are included in budget reports. For example, costs incurred when hiring outside vendors, ordering prototypes, or travel costs.
View an expense report:
- Click Analytics and then click New Report.
- On the right sidebar, click View and then select Expenses.
Expense reports have six columns:
- First column: data available for the selected projects and groups. Click a row to see more details for that row.
- Incurred: amount already expensed.
- Remaining: amount still available for project expenses.
- Budget: project expense budget. This number is set in project settings.
- Category: (not shown in image): categories appear when you click on a group header. The expense category identifies the type of purchase, for example, travel.
- Notes: (not shown in image): A description of the expense.