Who can use this capability
Admins can perform this task.
Add Time and Fee Categories
When you use Itemized Tracking for time, Time & Fee Categories can standardize how your team describes each entry.
Time & Fee Categories can include things like travel, meetings, research, or production. Frequent, standard work activities make good categories and provide useful data in reports.
You can create additional, project specific categories in the budget settings for each project. And in Reports, you can group data so you can see how much time is spent on each category.
Standardized categories means everyone is using the same categories; this gives you more useful data. You can add new categories at any time, but make sure they’re working for you.
Creating New Categories
To create a new category:
- On the top bar, click Settings and then click Account Settings.
- On the left side bar, click Time & Fee Categories.
- Enter a name for the new category and then click Add.
To create a project specific category:
- In the top right corner of the project, click Project Settings.
- Under Fee Budget (Amounts) enter a new category for each line item you want to track.
- Enter a name for the new category and then click Add. The new category will appear in reports for this project.