Who can use this capability
Resourcing Admins can perform this task.
Add time and fee categories
When you use itemized tracking for time, time & fee categories can standardize how your team describes each entry.
Time and fee categories are classifications of time entry hours. Using the itemized time tracking tool, team members can report actual incurred hours for each category of time. Time & fee categories can include things like travel, meetings, research, or production. Frequent, standard work activities make good categories and provide useful data in reports.
You can create additional, project specific categories in the budget settings for each project. Also in reports, you can group data so you can see how much time is spent on each category.
Standardized categories means everyone is using the same categories; this gives you more useful data.
Create new categories
You can add new categories at any time.
Create a new category:
- On the top bar, click Settings and then click Account Settings.
- On the left side bar, click Time & Fee Categories.
- Enter a name for the new category and then click Add.
Create a project specific category:
- In the top right corner of the project, click Project Settings.
- Under Fee Budget (Amounts), select Specify one fee budget for the entire project or Specify a fee budget for each phase
- Enter a new category for each line item you want to track.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Save. The new category will appear in reports for this project.