Track Time on Day View
This Help Article Appears in the Following Learning Tracks
To track your activities for a specific day, click Day in the upper right corner of your timesheet.
Track Time for Multiple Categories
If your account uses Itemized time tracking, Day View allows you to track time for multiple categories on one project.
- On the Day View, select the + icon next to y our suggested time.
- Select a pre-defined project or time category. If your account does not have categories select + Add new blank row to add multiple notes and for that day's project(s).
Using the Timer
If your account uses Hours + Minutes or Itemized Time Tracking, you can use a timer to record your daily activities. You can start Timer for today, only, and you can only have one Timer running at a time.
To start the Timer:
Go to Day View on your timesheet.
Hover over the row beneath the project or phase you want to work on, and click Start Timer.The spinner on indicates your time is being recorded.
When you're done, you can add time to your timesheet or close the Timer without adding the time.
- If you forget to stop a Timer, close the Timer and estimate the correct number of hours worked.
- If you try to start a new Timer while another Timer is running, the active Timer will automatically add the tracked time to its project, and the second Timer will start.
- You don’t need to keep your browser window open; the Timer keeps running. You can work in other browser tabs or or minimize the timesheet page while you work.