Use filters in Dynamic View to find data that matches your specified criteria and quickly sort the results the way you want. With filters, you can:
- Quickly find subsets of data
- Easily get to the data you want each time you come back to the view
Dynamic View owners or administrators can save time by creating views that contain large data sets and shared filters (rather than having to create multiple, separate views to give people access to subsets of data); people who view the data can use the shared filters provided by the administrator or they can create their own filters to easily find and view the items they care about.
You can access the Dynamic View app from here: https://dynamicview.smartsheet.com
Turn a filter on or off
To apply a filter to a view, start from the view, and select the desired filter from the Filter menu.
To clear a filter (stop applying it to the view), select Filter off.
Create a new filter
From the Dynamic View app, start from the view for which you want to create a filter:
- Click the Filter icon in the upper-left corner of the view and then click New Filter to display the Filter window.
- If you plan to re-use the filter, give it a name: in the Name box, type a name for the filter. (If you do not provide a name, the filter will be saved as Unnamed Filter.)
NOTE: If you are the view Owner or have Admin permissions to the view, you can specify to share a named filter so that anyone who is shared to the view can use it. To do this, select the Share Filter checkbox.
- Select the conditions that you want to use to filter to the data, and then click Apply.
That’s it! Your view will be filtered with the criteria you specify. If you gave your filter a name, you’ll be able to use it any time you visit the view. If you opted to share the filter (Owner or Admin only), anyone who has access to the view will now be able to use it.
For information on creating views and selecting columns, see Dynamic View App: Create and Administrate Views.
Clone an existing filter
If there are existing filters on the view that produce similar results to a new filter that you want to create, you can save time by cloning that filter.
- From the Filter menu, hover over the name of the existing filter and select Clone.
This will create a copy of the filter and open the Filter window.
- Make any changes you want and click Apply to save the new filter.
Modify an existing filter
You must have Owner or Admin permissions to change a filter created by someone else.
- From the Filter menu, hover over the name of the filter that you want to modify and click Edit.
IMPORTANT: Verify that the name of the Filter window matches the name of the filter that you want to edit to ensure that you’re modifying the correct filter.
In the Filter window, update the conditions as desired and click Apply.
Delete a filter
To delete a filter (remove it from the view and the menu), from the Filter menu, hover over the name of the filter and click Delete.