Differences between the web and mobile app
See what you can and can’t do on the Smartsheet mobile app.
Advantages of using the Smartsheet mobile app
There are many similarities between mobile and web apps. However, you can do the following tasks on the go only when you use the mobile app:
- Use your GPS to enter your location into a sheet or form field.
- Take a photo with your device, edit it, and upload it directly to a sheet or form submission.
- Scan a barcode or QR code to update or search for sheet data.
- Access your forms quickly from the Home or Recents screen.
- Submitting forms when offline.
To learn more about the above capabilities, check out our mobile articles.
When to use Smartsheet on your computer
The mobile app is robust, but it has some limitations. Use the web app if you want to do any of the following:
- Build automated workflows
- Create and edit sheet filters
Once filters have been created on a sheet from your computer, you can turn them on and off in the mobile app.
- Manage your users or plan information
- Manage project settings in a sheet
- Create and edit dashboards
- Create new reports or edit the report builder
- Viewing a published Calendar view in a Dashboard
- Utilize the freeze column functionality
Once configured, you can edit data in a report from the mobile app.