In the trigger block of an automated workflow, you can trigger actions before, after, or on a specific date by specifying a date field (from a date column in your sheet) or manually selecting a date.
- When you manually select a date, the workflow will be triggered at the same time for all of the rows in your sheet that meet the conditions you set. (For example, you can use an alert to remind you to take action on all rows that do not have an Assignee by a specific date.)
- When you select a date field for the workflow, the sheet will check daily for rows that should be included in that day’s workflow. If no rows match that day’s date and time or satisfy the workflow’s conditions, the workflow will not be executed for any rows. Rows that do not have a date will never be included in a date field-based workflow.
- You can also refine the hour of the day your workflow will be triggered. By default it is the top of the next hour from when you begin editing the workflow.
- The trigger’s time zone is always the same as the sheet Owner's time zone.
- Automation does not send messages when the sheet is empty.