Configure Okta for the Smartsheet integration
In this step, you will configure Okta. You need admin permissions in Okta to complete this part of the configuration.
- Log into the Okta Admin page.
- Navigate to Applications >All integrations and search for Smartsheet SCIM in the application catalog. Select Smartsheet SCIM
- Enter an application label, for example, Smartsheet US.
- Set your Sign-On Options. If you are setting up SAML SSO, select View Setup Instructions towards the bottom of the pane and complete the SAML SSO configuration.
- On the Advanced Sign-on Settings screen, under Credential Details, select Email for the Application username format and then select Done. This email will be the user’s Smartsheet account.
- You will see the setup page for the Smartsheet Integration. Go to the Provisioning tab and select Configure API Integration.
- Select Enable API Integration and provide the Base URL.
- Enter your saved API Token into the API Token field. Select Test API Credentials to verify the token. If everything is working as expected, you will see the following message:
Smartsheet SCIM was verified successfully.
- Select Save. On the Provisioning tab under Settings, , select To App.
- Select Edit > Enable the features you want, then save your changes.