- start_date—The first date to be measured.
- end_date—The last date to be measured.
- holidays—[optional]The dates to exclude from the count.
- WORKDAY, NETWORKDAY, and NETWORKDAYS count Saturday and Sunday as non-working days. If dependencies are enabled on your sheet, you can customize the non-working days. After you do this, the formulas will use your settings in calculations.
- You can designate additional dates as non-working to exclude them when calculating the number of working days. To do this, enter each holiday/non-working day into a cell. Then reference the range of cells in your NETWORKDAY formula.
This example references the following sheet information:
|Clothing Item||Order Date||Ship Date||Percent Complete|
Given the table above, here are some examples of using NETWORKDAY in a sheet:
|=NETWORKDAY([Order Date]2, [Ship Date]2)||Returns the number of workdays between the date in row 2 of the Order Date column and the date in row 2 of the Ship Date column||24|
|=IF([Clothing Item]3 = "Jacket", NETWORKDAY([Order Date]3, [Ship Date]3))||If the value in row 2 of the Clothing Item column is Jacket, the function returns the number of workdays between the date in row 3 of the Order Date column and the date in row 3 of the Ship Date column. Otherwise, the function returns no value.||4|
|=IF([Percent Complete]1 = 1, NETWORKDAY([Order Date]1, [Ship Date]1), "Order Not Yet Fulfilled")||If the value in row 1 of the Percent Complete column is 100%, the function returns the number of workdays between the date in row 1 of the Order Date column and the date in row 1 of the Ship Date column. Otherwise, the function returns Order Not Yet Fulfilled.||4|
Still need help?
Use the Formula Handbook template to find more support resources, and view 100+ formulas, including a glossary of every function that you can practice working with in real time, and examples of commonly used and advanced formulas.
Find examples of how other Smartsheet customers use this function or ask about your specific use case in the Smartsheet online Community.