- search_value—The value to search for.
- range—The cell range (lookup table) to be searched.
- search_type—[optional]The default is 1. The manner in which to search, depending on whether the range is sorted ascending (1), not sorted (0), or sorted descending (-1).
Smartsheet calculates the relative position of a search value by counting cells from left to right (across columns), then top to bottom (across rows). In a lookup table consisting of two columns, the cell in the top row of the leftmost column is the first position, 1.
For the optional [search_type] argument:
- 1 (the default value) finds the largest value less than or equal to search_value (requires that the range be sorted in ascending order).
- 0 find the first exact match (the range may be unordered).
- -1 finds the smallest value greater than or equal to search_value (requires that the range be sorted in descending order).